On this two night tour, take a nights' cruise aboard 'The Bassac' for a wonderful and leisurely exploration of the Mekong Delta. Following your journey, spend a night at the charming Victoria Hotel Can Tho which is situated on the banks of the Mekong River."The Bassac" is built entirely of wood with the hull made from go sao, a now rare timber used traditionally for building quality ships. Aboard this boat, you will travel from Cai Be to Can Tho (or reverse). Well-equipped cabins and attentive staff will provide you with all the necessary comforts to suit all of your needs.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - Cai Be. This morning, leave the hustle and bustle of the big city behind as the scenery is gradually replaced with rice paddies and rural villages on your drive to Cai Be. As you board "The Bassac" and depart towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang River, enjoy a delectable lunch on the boat's upper deck. Along the way, visit a local village, fruit orchard, and rice field where you can learn more about the way of life here in the Delta. As the sun sets, sit back, watch the scenery, and enjoy a cocktail before dinner. Overnight aboard "The Bassac". Includes: (L), (D).
Day 2: Can Tho. An early breakfast will be served whilst the boat cruises the Tra On floating market on the way to Can Tho. Here, you will disembark and travel by a small local boat to explore the Cai Rang floating market. The waterway becomes a maze of hundreds of boats packed with mango, bananas, papaya, pineapple, and even floating pho vendors. A short drive will then transfer you to the Victoria Can Tho Hotel, and the rest of your day is at your leisure to explore or take advantage of the hotel's recommended spa. Overnight at Victoria Can Tho, Can Tho. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh. After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, the morning is yours to explore the city of Can Tho. The name of the town comes from cam thi giang - river of poems, and it's the largest town in the Delta. Depart Can Tho in the early afternoon for the 4-hour drive back to Ho Chi Minh City. Includes: (B).
- This program is based on either a Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday departure.
- The program will be reversed on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays.
- The tour will start and end in Can Tho each Friday.
- This tour may also be subject to change depending on weather conditions and The Bassac Boat is on a non-private basis unless chartered.
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin cabin.
- Bassac boat cruise can accommodate up to 12 passengers in 6 cabins.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Vietnam Local Culture Barging Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend