You simply must take the time to explore Tasmania's world famous natural icon.
- Pickup from your accommodation in Devonport or Burnie
- Visit the unique Town of Murals, Sheffield
- Marvel at the scenery on the way to majestic Cradle Mountain
- Take a short walk by Dove Lake
- Spectacular at any time of year!
Cradle Mountain: "Breathtaking in its beauty, Cradle Mountain draws visitors from around the world to the vista of its rugged peaks, perfectly mirrored in Dove Lake. More than 190,000 people visit this natural wonder every year. A myriad of walks - less than an hour to all day - radiate from lodges, the visitor center and around the perimeter of Dove Lake.
The wilderness beyond and the Overland Track through it to Lake St Clair is a magnet for hardier walkers, some happy to 'rough it' on their own, while others choose the comfort of guided experiences offering good standard huts, hot showers and catering.
The very first guests to the beautiful original Cradle Mountain Chalet in the summer of 1912 traveled by cart, then by pack horses and for the last 16 kilometers of the journey, crossed the plains and bogs by foot! M18276 can assure you that you will not have to endure the same, but will travel in comfortable comfort in one of our reliable vehicles."
- All tours cost $140.00 per person and include a tasty morning tea and park entry fees
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania Australia Local Culture Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend