It’s a great journey through three important cities of India. It covers main architectural Wonders of India and gives opportunity to several sites located between these cities. Golden triangle represents essence of Medieval Indian history and architecture. A great journey through three most important historical cities of India. It covers main architectural Wonders of India and gives opportunity to several sites located between these cities.
Golden triangle represents essence of Medieval Indian history and architecture. Delhi is the imperial capital of India. Agra was most prominent city of North India because it became capital of Mughal kings. Jaipur being the first planned city of India is an architectural wonder in itself. Founder King of Jaipur Swai Jai Singh was a astronomer of great repute and he revived the old art in 18 th cent. Jantar -Mantar ( Astronomical Observatory ) of Jaipur is a great scientific construction of 18 th century.
Duration of Journeys:
- Minimum: 3 Nights, 4 days
- Standard: 6 Nights, 7 days
Day 1: Arrival Delhi
Day 2: Delhi city tour covering old city centre, Qutub Minar, Humanyun’s Tomb, resident House, Parliament of India.
Day 3: Delhi to Agra (200 km, 4 hrs drive). Visit Sikandra (Tomb of Mughal King Akbar) located about 15 km short of Agra. Its one of the largest Tombs of Mughal dynasty, spreading over a large garden full of animals like dears and Monkeys.
Day 4: Agra city tour covering Taj Mahal and Red Fort and Etmatdaulah (Mini Taj –Mahal).
Day 5: Agra to Jaipur (240 km, 5 hrs drive).
Day 6: Jaipur city tour. Early morning excursion of Amber fort including Elephant ride at fort. Followed by visit to different Craft Centers, Astronomical Observatory, Hawa-Mahal (Winds Palace having a large number of windows), Jal Mahal (Water Palace built in middle of lake, was previously the summer Resort of Royal family of Jaipur).
Day 7: Jaipur to Delhi (270 km, 6 hrs) Or your next destination. Jaipur has excellent connection to almost all major cities of India by Train as well as by Air. If you want to visit other cities of Rajasthan, then you can continue to explore the same from Jaipur. There is connectivity to Goa/ Bombay/ Udaipur by Flight from Jaipur.
- This trip can be taken other way also by visiting cities in reverse order i.e. Delhi – Jaipur – Agra. It is suitable for those travelers who want to explore central India (Gwalior -Orcha – Khajaraho and Varanasi). Central India is nearer and more conveniently Connected by trains from Agra.
- Entrance Tickets of Monuments: All monuments mentioned in itinerary have different entrance tickets. All entrances cost around 80 USD per person for entire trip.
Places worth visiting on the way Between any Two Cities in this trip:
- Delhi and Agra - Mathura, Vrindavan
- Agra and Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri, Ghana Birds Park (Keoladev National Park ), Abhaneri, Galtaji
- Jaipur and Delhi – Samode Palace and village, Neemrana Fort.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia India Local Culture Sightseeing Cultural Journey