Step away from the ordinary and in to the extraordinary with this trekking adventure through the Temples of Angkor. Be prepared to be overwhelmed by the kaleidoscope of history, natural beauty, and culture of Cambodia as you traverse the countryside on foot. Your trek begins from the charming town of Siem Reap. Head out to the Rolous group temples where crumbling towers remain from the 8th and 9th century. Cross through the countryside, along dirt paths, to Phnom Bok and your campsite for the evening. As the sun sets, climb to the top of the hill and enjoy the views of the surrounding plains and villages.
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival: Welcome to Siem Reap, gateway to the Temples of Angkor. Enjoy the day at your leisure to explore this charming provincial town. Shop for local handicrafts at the open-air markets, visit the peaceful Buddhist temples, or enjoy watching the street life from the balcony of a coffee shop. Overnight in Siem Reap. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 2: Siem Reap - Phnom Box Camp: Depart Siem Reap on foot as you head out to the Rolous group, a set of 8th and 9th century brick temples. Continue your trek to Wat Lohok and onwards through small rural villages and over sand paths to our final destination of the day; Phnom Bok Camp. Take some time to catch your breath before climbing the 640 steps to the top of Phnom Bok for magnificent views over the plains below. (Trek approximately 30km) Overnight in tented camp. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 3: Phnom Bok - Phnom Bok - Banteay Srey - Wat Lor: After breakfast at camp we depart for Banteay Srey, the best preserved temple in Cambodia. This petite, pink sandstone temple features stunning bass relief and other intricate stone carvings. Continue trekking through the countryside to Wat Lor, the campsite for the evening. As you relax and prepare for dinner, interact with the friendly locals who are always excited to meet visitors! (Trek approximately 30 km) Overnight in tented camp. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 4: Wat Lor Camp - Angkor - Siem Reap: A short drive takes you to the starting point of your trek through the temples of Angkor. Walking from temple to temple is a unique way to see these magnificent ruins: glimpses of small temples can be spotted amongst dense jungle, towers appear looming overhead, and the sheer number of ruins along the way is staggering. Visit the main temples of Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom, and Bayon along with many smaller ones that entice you in to explore along the way. Overnight in Siem Reap. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 5: Siem Reap - Departure: After breakfast you are free to explore the town of Siem Reap until your transfer to the airport for your onward flight. We wish you a great flight back home and hope you enjoyed your stay with us! Includes: (B).
- Accommodation based on Double/Twin Room with breakfast
- Airport transfers
- Transfer and back-up by private A/C vehicles
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All camping related services including:
* Pagoda donations
* Local fruits and drinking water on trekking days
* Simple First Aid Kit
- English Speaking trekking Guide and English Speaking tour guides
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary + 7 day Angkor Wat entrance fee
- Boat trips as indicated in itinerary
- Phnom Kulen entrance fees
- International flight reconfirmation (if any).
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry)
- Visa on Arrival for Cambodia (USD 20 plus one pass photo)
- Personal travel insurance (must include helicopter evacuation for Cambodia)
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew and hotels' porters
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- All air tickets with airport and departure taxes (Cambodia USD25)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Cambodia Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend