Day 1 – El Calafate
• Upon arrival you will be taken to the hotel and have the rest of the day to relax or explore the areas around the town or possible make the 1km hike out to Laguna Nimez for a beautiful Patagonian sunset.
Day 2 – El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier
• After an early breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier, in Los Glaciers National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage site since 1981 and home to one of the most awe inspiring sites in Argentina, Perito Moreno Glacier is a site to behold. During the tour you will have the chance to enjoy stunning views of the glacier from the nearby walking trail and viewing platforms, as well as from an included Perito Moreno Glacier boat cruise that will take you close enough to fully appreciate the 80m high ice walls! In the early evening, you will return to you hotel in Calafate.
• For even more adventure, you may want to consider either taking the Big Ice or Mini-Trekking excursion ( at an extra cost ). Both allow you to hike on the glacier!! Ask Say Hueque´s travel advisor for more information.
Day 3 – El Calafate
• Day at leisure to enjoy any of the available Optional Tours such as a cruise to Upsala Glacier, a 4X4 excursion to the country or a visit to a traditional estancia.
Day 4 – El Calafate / El Chalten
• Arriving at the bus station you will depart for El Chalten in the morning. Upon arrival you will make you way to your hotel and have the rest of the day at leisure to explore the region. (In El Calafate a taxi will cost roughly U$ 4.- to get to the bus station. In El Chalten most of the hotels are within a few blocks of the bus station, but if you prefer to take a taxi or remise, you can take it once in the bus terminal and they will cost you aprox U$ 5.-)
Day 5 – El Chalten
• Day at leisure to enjoy one of many self guided treks. The trails are all well-marked and maintained. We recommend that you do the full-day hikes to Mount Fitz Roy (where the view of Laguna de los Tres is unforgettable) or Mount Torre. We will provide you with all the trekking information you may require.
Day 6 – El Chalten / El Calafate
• Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area.
• In the afternoon you will board your bus back to El Chalten. Upon arrival you will make you way from the bus station to your hotel. (In El Calafate a taxi will cost roughly $4 to get from the bus station to your hotel.)
Day 7 – El Calafate / Puerto Natales
• In the morning you will arrive at the bus station for you trip to Puerto Natales. Upon arrival in the afternoon transfer by your own to your hotel and the rest of the day at your leisure to enjoy the traditional coastal town’s delicious seafood. (Taxis to the bus stations will cost roughly $4)
Day 8 – Torres Del Paine Tour
• You will leave on a full day excursion to Torres del Paine National Park with its granite peaks emerging dramatically out of the Patagonian plains. Today you will have the chance to explore some of the most picturesque spots of the world renowned park including Salto Grande, Laguna Amarga, Lago Pehoe, the Cuernos del Paine and of course, the famous Torres del Paine. Keep an eye out for wild guanacos as they roam the windy plains. In the evening you’ll be dropped off at your hotel to stay the night inside the park.
Day 9 – Puerto Natales / El Calafate
• At appropriate time, you will take the bus to El Calafate (Taxis to the bus stations will cost roughly $4) upon arrival you will be transferred to the airport or bus station to continue your travels.
• Today, you can choose to extent your travels purchasing any of our available offers in the rest of Patagonia, Santiago de Chile or Buenos Aires.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Argentina Chile Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Glacier Tours Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 18761
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "18761" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.