Day 1 – El Chalten
• Upon arrival in El Calafate, you will be taken to the bus station to take the bus to El Chalten. Upon arrive make your way from the bus station to your hotel giving you a chance the check out the quaint mountain town (there are no taxis in El Chalten, but all hotels are within a few blocks of the bus station). On your first night check out one of the local steak houses to experience your first Patagonian parrilla.
Day 2 – El Chalten
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area. We recommend taking the path to the feet of Mount Fitz Roy: Laguna Los Tres.
Day 3 – El Chalten
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area. We recommend taking the path to the feet of Mount Torre: Laguna & Glacier Torre. You can optionally purchase a trekking over the glacier.
Day 4 – El Chalten
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area. We recommend taking the path to Pliegue Tumbado from where you get impressive panoramic views of the Mounts Fitz Roy and Torre. You can optionally hire horses for this trekking.
Day 5 – El Chalten / El Calafate
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area. We recommend taking the navigation across Viedma Lake and trekking over Viedma Glacier.
• You will board your bus back to El Calafate in the afternoon. Accommodation.
Day 6 – El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia
• After an early breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier, in Los Glaciers National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage site since 1981 and home to one of the most awe inspiring sites in Argentina, Perito Moreno Glacier is a site to behold. During the tour you will have the chance to enjoy stunning views of the glacier from the nearby walking trail and viewing platforms, as well as from an included Perito Moreno Glacier boat cruise that will take you close
enough to fully appreciate the 80m high ice walls! In the early evening, you will return to you hotel in Calafate.
• For even more adventure, you may want to consider either taking the Big Ice or Mini-Trekking excursion ( at an extra cost ). Both allow you to hike on the glacier!! Ask Say Hueque´s travel advisor for more information.
Day 7 – El Calafate
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the available Optional Tours such as a 4X4 excursion to the country or a visit to a traditional estancia.
Day 8 – Torres del Paine Tour
• You will leave on a full day excursion to Torres del Paine National Park with its granite peaks emerging dramatically out of the Patagonian plains. Today you will have the chance to explore some of the most picturesque spots of the world renowned park including Salto Grande, Laguna Amarga, Lago Pehoe, the Cuernos del Paine and of course, the famous Torres del Paine. Keep an eye out for wild guanacos as they roam the windy plains. In the evening you’ll be dropped off at your hotel to stay the night inside the park.
Day 9 – Base of the Torres del Paine
• Breakfast. Today you can enjoy the trek (by your own) to the base of Torres del Paine. You will get to the feet of the 900-meter granite Paine Horns which are a challenge for climbers all over the world.
Day 10 – French Valley Trek
• Breakfast. Today you will be taken from your accommodation to take you in private service to Pudeto. From Pudeto you will take 45-minute navigation from Pudeto to the opposite shore of Lago Pehoe. Arrive and go by your own to Paine Grande Refugee, where you will spend one night. From here you can enjoy the Trekking to the French Valley. This beautiful valley takes you, walking through woods and hanging glaciers, to a natural lookout point from where you will be able to make out several walls of the Paine Range: Cuernos, Espada, Máscara, Hoja, Aleta de Tiburón, Catedral, Paine Grande. You will get back to the camp site skirting Lake Skottberg.
* It’s advisable to leave part of your luggage to the driver that will take you to Pudeto and leave with a light backpack. The following two days you’ll be doing long trekking. On day 11, the transfer (driver) that will take you to Puerto Natales will give you your entire luggage.
Day 11 – Glaciar Grey Navigation/ Puerto Natales
• Breakfast and morning departure to Grey Mountain Hut. You will be hiking approximately 4 hours from Refugio Paine Grande to the Grey Mountain Hut.
• You will take the cruise in front of Grey Glacier that will drop you off at Hosteria Grey from where a private transfer will take you to Puerto Natales where you will stay for the night.
Day 12 – Puerto Natales / Punta Arenas
• Today you will depart by bus to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival you will make you way from the bus station to your hotel and have the rest of the day at your leisure. (Taxis to the bus stations will cost roughly $4)
Day 13 – Punta Arenas / Ushuaia
• After breakfast, you will embark on a full day bus trip to Ushuaia, passing though some of Patagonia’s most stunning scenery. Cross the mystical Strait of Magellan before arriving at Tierra
del Fuego Island. Upon arrival in Ushuaia you will make your way to your hotel on your own. (Taxis to the bus stations will cost roughly $4)
Day 14 – Tierra del Fuego National Park – Trekking & Canoeing in the National Park
• After breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park that allows you to get off the tourist path and see a side of the park that most visitors miss. The excursion includes guided trekking beside the Beagle Channel and canoeing along Lapataia River until Lapataia Bay (Box lunch is included).
If you prefer a less adventurous option for this day, just let us know and we will change this activity for another one that suits you better (maybe, the Train of the End of the World or a soft trekking).
Day 15 – Beagle Channel Cruise
• Breakfast. After making your way to the pier you will take a boat cruise along the famous Beagle Channel. You will gain panoramas of Ushuaia Bay and see the diverse marine wildlife, such as cormorants and fur seals, on De los Lobos and De los Pajaros Islands. On one of the Bridges Isles, you can explore the island for concheros, or giant shells, and enjoy the views of Chile and Argentina. You will also see the Les Eclaireurs lighthouse. During the cruise, you can enjoy snacks and favorite Argentine drink, mate.
• Returning to Ushuaia around midday you will have the rest of the afternoon to explore the city; we recommend the Martime Museum and End of the World Prison
Day 16 – Ushuaia
• Breakfast. At appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport or bus terminal. At this point you will have the option to extend your travels and continue to Salta, the Mendoza wine region, or Iguazu Falls, or return to Buenos Aires.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Argentina Chile Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Glacier Tours Hiking & Trekking