Day 1 – Salta
• Upon arrival in Salta, you will be taken to the hotel, regular service. During your first day in the city, we highly recommend walking around the beautiful colonial area.
Day 2 – Safari to the Clouds
• Breakfast. Departing in the morning we will travel along the same route as the famous Train to the Clouds, zigzagging on lonely roads between the blue sky and the high desert plains. On our way, we will visit historic ruins, scattered houses, small villages and amazing landscapes.
• Our first destination is the small town of Campo Quijano and later the impressive Quebrada del Toro, where we will stop for a refreshing coffee break after some stunning viewpoints. From here, we will visit Santa Rosa de Tastil, a pre-Incan city of the XIII century for an easy hike through this ancient archeological site. After, we visit San Antonio de los Cobres, one of the smallest villages in the region- en route to the surreal landscape of the Great Salt Flats. The Great Salt Flats are perfect for amateur and professional photographers alike- where the natural light and reflections provide ample opportunities to test your creativity to the fullest. Return to Salta in the evening.
Day 3 – Salta
• Day at leisure. You can take an optional tour.
Day 4 – Salta / San Pedro de Atacama
• At appropriate time after breakfast, you will be transferred to the bus terminal, regular service.
• Bus departure crossing the Andes thorough the "Paso de Jama" (one of the highest international passes in the world) to San Pedro de Atacama. The trip takes about 12 hours during which you will get nice views. Upon arrival, accommodation. Transfer to the Hotel by your own.
Day 5 – San Pedro de Atacama: Moon Valley Tour
• Breakfast. Half day excursion to Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley) where for thousands of years the wind has carved strange, desolate shapes creating a dramatic lunar landscape of eroded hills, surrounding a crust-like valley floor. You can combine the tour with and optional mountain bike.
Day 6 – San Pedro de Atacama: Tatio Geysers Tour & Machuca
• At about 4am, you will leave the hotel in a half day excursion to the amazing Geysers del Tatio, located at an altitude of 4300m what makes them be the highest geyser field in the whole world. You will have breakfast while enjoying the unique spectacle of fumaroles during sunrise. Before leaving, you can take a bath in the natural pools of spring water. Return in the afternoon.
Day 7 – 4WD Adventure to Uyuni
• Today, you will leave San pedro de Atacama in a 3-day trip to Uyuni Salt Flat in Bolivia across the Andes. You will visit the National Reserve "Eduardo Acaroa", Laguna Blanca, Laguna Verde, thermal waters, Geysers del Sol and Laguna Colorada.
• Overnight in the middle of the Bolivian Puna in a Mountain Hut in shared rooms.
• Meals included ~ Lunch & DB&B/Inner.
Day 8 – 4WD Adventure to Uyuni
• After breakfast you will leave from Laguna Colorada in the early morning to get to the Uyuni Salt Flat in an adventure through spectacular landscapes. Overnight in a Mountain Hut in shared rooms.
• Meals included ~ Lunch & Dinner.
Day 9 – 4WD Adventure to Uyuni
• After breakfast you will visit the Salar de Uyuni, the largest Salt Flat in the World. You will cross it in 4WD reaching Pescado Island where you'll have lunch. Arrival in the small town of Uyuni in the evening.
• Meals included ~ Lunch.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Argentina Chile Bolivia Local Culture Sightseeing