- Pickup from your accommodation between Devonport and Burnie
- Meander along the pretty Bass Highway towards Deloraine
- Sample the famous cheeses and berries on the way as we head to the Tamar Valley
- Arrive at the Tamar River and make our way along the renowned 'wine route'
- Enjoy world class tastes of Tamania's food and wine.
The Tamar River, flowing from the waters of Bass Strait all the way to the city of Launceston, has created a vibrant, fertile valley as it winds its way past rich farmland, natural forests, plentiful orchards, and the numerous high-yield vineyards dotted along its banks. Known as the Tamar Valley, this is Australia's biggest, tidal navigable river.
Numerous pretty towns and bountiful natural attractions throughout the Tamar Valley make this area a diverse and beautiful region to explore, and is very popular with both locals and tourists alike. Follow the winding riverside route along the Tamar River's western bank and discover arts, crafts, museums, pubs, cruises, and of course numerous vineyards where you can sample the world class wines and local food.
Note: All bookings will be confirmed on receipt of a $20.00 deposit.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania Australia Local Culture Food & Wine Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend