- Destinations to Visit: Yangon - Bagan - Mandalay - Ava - Sagaing - Amarapura - Inle Lake - Yangon.
- Available Dates in 2010: Every Saturday.
* Please ask for the promotional price for the departures between: 1 Jan 2010 - 30 Apr.
Unforgettable Myanmar. This amazing country is filled with unspoiled natural beauty and intriguing ancient wonders waiting to be explored. Our Myanmar Discovery package is a great way to experience this incredible country while traveling with a group of like-minded people.
Day 1: Arrive in Yangon
Arrive in to Yangon for the start of your Myanmar journey. Feast on a fantastic lunch of local cuisine and set off sightseeing through downtown Yangon and to the reclining Buddha at Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda. End your day with Myanmar's holiest monument, the incredible Shwedagon Pagoda, a place of great spiritual importance to the Buddhist people. Overnight in Yangon. Includes: (L).
Day 2: Yangon - Bagan
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Airport for a short flight to Bagan. Bagan is one of the most remarkable archaeological sites in Asia with thousands of temples, pagodas and other religious structures from the 11th and 13th centuries. Spend today exploring these wonders ending with a horse cart ride to a sunset point. Overnight in Bagan. Includes: (B),(L).
Day 3: Bagan
An optional hot air balloon flight is a magical start to the day, drifting over the temples as the sun rises over the plains. After breakfast, visit the local market before proceeding to Myinkaba village to visit some smaller temples and lacquer ware workshops, one of Myanmar's best-known handicrafts. This afternoon, a leisurely boat cruise along the Irrawaddy River gives you a fantastic view of the temples and villages that dot the river banks. Overnight in Bagan. Includes: (B),(L).
Day 4: Bagan - Mandalay
This morning, a short flight takes you to the former royal capital of Mandalay. Your tour of Mandalay will include the Mahamuni Pagoda, famous for its venerable statue of Buddha covered with gold leaf, The Kuthodaw pagoda with its large marble book, and Shwenandaw Monastery featuring exquisite woodcarving. You'll also have the opportunity to see the local craftsmen creating traditional Burmese handicrafts in their workshops before ending the day at the top of Mandalay Hill for sunset. Overnight in Mandalay. Includes: (B),(L).
Day 5: Mandalay - Amarapura - Ava - Sagaing - Mandalay
Mandalay is surrounded with history, as the neighbouring towns of Amarapura, Sagaing, and Ava all served as capitals between the 14th and 18th centuries. Start the day witnessing the peaceful procession of thousand monks as they collect their daily alms before continuing by horse carriage, car, and on foot to discover the ancient palaces, temple-filled hills, and teak bridges of the area. Overnight in Mandalay. Includes: (B),(L).
Day 6: Mandalay - Heho - Inle Lake
Travel to Inle Lake, nestled in the foothills of the Shan Mountains and inhabited by the Intha people. Board a private boat for a sightseeing tour where you will see the leg-rowing fishermen, floating gardens, and stilted houses of the locals. Explore Inle Lake's weaving village, Inpawkhone, and beautiful monasteries before arriving at your lakeside hotel. As the sun sets, enjoy a cocktail on the balcony and soak in the tranquil views and atmosphere. Overnight at Inle Lake. Includes: (B),(L).
Day 7: Inle Lake - Heho - Yangon
Start the morning with a trip to the floating market where the lake's residents come to buy and sell their produce and goods. Fly back to Yangon where the afternoon is yours to explore, perhaps for more sightseeing or visiting Bogyoke Market for some last minute shopping. As the tour comes to an end, enjoy a memorable farewell dinner with your fellow travelers and our guide. Overnight in Yangon. Includes: (B),(L),(D).
Day 8: Depart Yangon. After breakfast, this morning is at your leisure until transferring to the airport for your onward flight. Includes: (B).
- 7 nights accommodation on half twin room basis with daily breakfast
- Welcome at airport
- English-speaking guide
- 4 domestic flights RGN-BGN-MDL-HEH-RGN on Air Mandalay, Yangon Airways or Air Bagan including insurance surcharges
- Horse cart tours in Bagan & Ava
- Half-board meals (lunches) at local restaurants (as mentioned in the program)
- 1 farewell dinner on day 7
- Welcome gift
- Porter fees at airports
- Mineral water and towels on vehicles and boats every day
- Private motorized boat on Inle Lake
- Sunset cruise in Bagan on local boat
- All transfers with private air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program.
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Meals other than mentioned
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Balloon flight over Bagan (approximately USD265/person)
- International airport departure tax Yangon (USD 10/person at present)
- Any other items not mentioned.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Myanmar Local Culture Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend