Day 1: Istanbul Arrivals.
Welcome to Turkey. Arrival into Istanbul. Transfer from the airport & check in to your hotel. Tonight you and you group will enjoy a welcome dinner where you will be introduced to Turkish cuisine and enjoy the mystical atmosphere of Istanbul at night. Includes (D).
Day 2: Istanbul City Tours.
We depart at 09:00 for the Istanbul city tour. We will begin with ancient Hippodrome, which was the scene of chariot races, with the three monuments: the Obelisk of Theodosius, the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine. We will then continue with Sultanahmet Mosque across from St. Sophia built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet.
It is also known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles we then arrive at our last stop which is the famous Hagia Sophia. This ancient basilica, built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century, is one of the architectural marvels of all time. After the tour you have the option to experience The bosphorus Cruise. You will have the chance to enjoy magnificent views of bosphorus which is connecting Asia to Europe. The rest of the evening is your to enjoy Istanbul.
Day 3: Gallipoli.
After your breakfast you will be picked up from your hotel/hostel and join your group and depart for Canakkale. The group will arrive in Eceabat at noon and begin the fully guided Gallipoli tour. Visiting Kabatepe Museum, ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Johnston 's Jolly, The Nek and Chunuk Bair New Zealand memorial. During the tour there will be a lunch break. Late in the afternoon we will arrive in Canakkale.
Day 4: Troy.
After breakfast we depart for the ancient city of Troy. Your guide will explain the mythology surrounding Troy, the Trojan horse and Helen of Troy, as well as the history and discoveries of the archaeological diggings from its discovery by Heinrich Schliemann in the 1870's to the present day and on going. Nine cities have been discovered built one on top of the other dating back to 3500 B.C. After Troy we will depart for Kusadasi, late arrival into Kusadasi.
Day 5: Kusadasi.
We depart at 10:00 and we visit one of the best-preserved ruins in the world ' Ephesus '. We tour this amazing site and wonder at the people who built and walked through this ancient city. We will also visit the House of Virgin Mary (supposedly where St. John brought her to live out her final days). After the tour we will visit a carpet-weaving center, which belongs to the national arts of Turkey. In the evening, as being one of our optional activities, you will have the chance to experience the traditional Turkish bath. Over night in Kusadasi.
Day 6: Kusadasi / Sirince Turkish Village.
Today, we are going to visit a traditional Turkish Village, Sirince and you will have the chance to meet the locals and taste their local produce. Sirince is one of the Governments Protected Areas (G. R. A) of Izmir and so most of its original authentic buildings are well preserved, especially the two Churches in the village Center.
After lunch, we will make a shopping tour in which you will be aware of the ancient arts of Turkey like carpet weaving, leather manufacturing and jewelry. As this will be a guided tour, you will avoid the constant nagging and sometimes bullying that is well known in the markets of Turkey. enabling you to enjoy the shopping experience whilst gaining the knowledge of the ancient craftsmen. After having dinner at your hotel, you will have the free time to stroll in the city. Overnight in Ephesus.
Day 7: Pamukkale - Free Day.
At 08:30 we depart for Pamukkale. We then arrive at Pamukkale for lunch. Afterwards we shall visit the calcium terraces of Pamukkale (cotton castle) and the ruins of Hierapolis, then walk around this natural phenomenon and give you the option of lying in the waters of the natural springs. After our days activities we will check into our hotel in Pamukkale Dinner will be served at the hotel and the rest of the night is yours. Overnight in Pamukkale.
Day 8: Pamukkale - Egrider.
You will have time this morning to lounge in the Thermal pools at your Hotel before we continue to Konya around 12:00. We then continue for our overnight stop in the small town of Egridir, overlooking Turkey's 4th largest lake. Over night in Egridir.
Day 9: Egrider - Cappadocia.
Witness one of the most beautiful sunrises over the lake, followed by breakfast. We then drive along the ancient silk trade route, stopping at Caravanserays Sultanhani and Agzikarahan. We arrive in Cappadocia late afternoon. Check in to your hotel. After having some rest and then dinner, you will have the chance to go to the famous traditional Turkish Night, you will enjoy Whirling Dervishes, Belly Dancing & Traditional Turkish Folklore. We recommend it should not be missed.
Day 10: Cappadocia.
The beautiful horse country "Katpatuka," (as the Persians called her) is an unbelievable, enchanting and mysterious strip of land. Our guided tour will start at 09:30 and cover Avcilar, Pigeon Valley, Uçhisar Castle and the pottery village of Avanos. We have a lunch break in Avanos and then tour the Dervent Valley & Göreme Open Air Museum. Return to your hotel for dinner. Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 11: Cappadocia.
We depart for one of the most interesting sites of Cappadocia: Derinkuyu Underground City. The Christians hid from the armies of Rome and the raids of hostile tribes in these self sufficient cities in which there were halls for stocks of crop, barns, rooms, kitchens & ventilation channels. Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 12: Cappadocia - Istanbul.
After breakfast we depart for for Kayseri Airport to catch our plane for Istanbul. Check in to your hotel. Enjoy some rest & dinner. Free night. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 13: Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise and Shoping Tour.
* Spice Bazzar (Egyptian Bazaar). The air here is filled with the enticing aromas of cinnamon, caraway, saffron, mint, thyme and every other conceivable herb and spice.
* Bedesten exhibits the traditional silk weaving courses carpet weaving courses authorized by the Ministry of National Education. Possibility to see jewelery, handicrafts center and leather ware show. Free time provided for shopping.
* Bosphorus on boat. A traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia. The shore is lined with old wooden villas, palaces of marble, fortresses, and small fishing villages. During the excursion you will pass the magnificent Dolmabahçe Palace, and further along, the parks and imperial pavilions of Yildiz Palace. On the coastal edge of this park, is Çiragan Palace, 300 meters of is marble facade faces the shore. At Ortaköy a great variety of artists gather every Sunday to display their work along the street. Ortaköy is a symbol of tolerance with a church, a mosque and a synagogue existing side by side for centuries.
* Rumeli Fortress. Built by Mehmet the Conqueror in 1452 prior to the conquest of Istanbul, was completed in only four months to control and protect Bosphorus. It is one of the most beautiful works of military architecture anywhere in the world.
* Beylerbeyi Palas. The summer residence of ottoman sultans whit its original furniture and magnificent gardens with the Harem on the Asian.
* Bosphorus Bridge unique change to step from one continent (Asia) to another (Europe).
* Camlica Hill the highest point in Istanbul. At the top of it you can rest and admire the magnificent panorama of Istanbul and the bosphours from the beautiful gardens, landscaped in traditional style.
* Shopping Possibility at Bedesten. Exhibition the traditional silk weaving girls at the carpet weaving courses authorized by The Ministry of national education Possibility to see jewelery, handicrafts center and leather ware show. Free time provided for shopping.
Day 14: Istanbul. The End of The Tour.
After breakfast check out from the hotel. We drive you back to the airport. We hope your tour was a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Also see tour packages in:
Middle East Turkey Romantic Venture Honeymoon
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend