It is the finest vacation experience of its kind for family or friendship reunions, romantic getaways or business incentives. These unique cruises of carefree elegance and relaxation can be reserved on an individual basis, or you can charter the entire boat for your special group for a more personalized and intimate experience. Welcome to the perfect world!
The three newly commissioned boats that form French Waterways – Le Bon Vivant, La Bonne Humeur and La Bonne Amie – are exclusive vessels that will delight the most discriminating traveler who seeks idyllic holidays on the scenic waterways of France. They accommodate up to 8 guests each for a totally personalized and truly memorable 6 nights and 7 days in the most beautiful countryside of France.
Day 1: Travel by private motor coach from Paris to Montargis where you will board your ship for a reception, short cruise and dinner on board. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 2: Cruise from Amilly to Montbouy, and old Gallo Roamn site. Visits of:
- Chateau de Fontainebleau, famous palace where the French kings used to hunt;
- The villages of barbizon and Moret Sur loire where impressionnists once lived and realized their paintings;
- Chateau de Bignon Morbeau, a private chateau, and the village of Egreville with its magnificent Market Hall;
- Visit of Montaris and Girodet Museum, or the Tane Museum, or the Museum of Art and Traditions of the region. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 3: Cruise from Montbouy to Chatillon Coligny with its XII century Chateau, built by the Count of Sancerre, overlooking the town. Visit of:
- Arboretum des barres, featuring 10,000 specimens of trees;
- Chateau La Bussieres, a beautiful Chateau dedicated to the fishermen;
- Museum of regional art in Villiers St. Benoit. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 4: Cruise from Chatillon Coligny to Rogny, and moor at the foot of a 7 lock staircase, closed in 1882 and replaced by six automatic locks - an impressive engineering monument of the past. Visit of:
- Working Renaissance farm and magnificent Chateau St Frageau;
- The town of Gien, featuring hunting and ceramics museums;
- Museum of the Loire River in Cosne Sur Loire. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 5: Cruise from Rogny to Ouzouer sur Trezee with its gothic church and its picturesque wooden houses. Visit of:
- Chateau Pont Chevron;
- Wine tasting in a cellar within the charming village of Sancerre, then try the most famous goat cheese of France, le Crottin de Chavignol, at the goat farm where it is made;
- Briare and its hateau, town hall, church (with its modern mosaique), and the museum of enamel porcelain buttons which made the town world famous. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 6: Cruise from Ouzouer over the splendid aqueduct (built by Eiffel of Eiffel Tower, Paris fame) over the Loire River in Briare to the peaceful and cozy village of Chatillon Sur Loire. Visit of:
- Visit a cellar and the wine tastingat Pouilly Sur Loire;
- Visit La Charite Sur Loire, surrounded by old walls and its ancient Abbaye, dating from 1059 and classified by UNESCO;
- At St. Amant en Puisaye, visit the pottery workshops, sandstone museum, the wash house and the XIII century church. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 7: Breakfast on board. Morning return to Paris. Includes: (B).
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Local Culture Barging