Want a real Austrian adventure? After a 45 minute train ride you are in Neusiedl am See. From here you ride through the reeds along the lake to the National Park/ bird sanctuary. Depending on the time of the year, you can see many of the birds that travel to Europe from Africa. Then to Illmitz to catch the ferry across the lake to Mörbisch. Here you will see just how big it is. Disembarking, you continue to Rust, known for three things: a quaint, beautiful town square, storks nesting on the houses and good food and wine. Pick one of the enticing restaurants. You won't be sorry! After lunch you ride through the villages along the lake and through vineyards back to Neusiedl for a well earned, relaxing ride back to Vienna. You might want to do it again the next day!
This is what we suggest:
- Take the train to Neusiedl am See, bike through the National Park/bird sanctuary, take the ferry across the lake, eat lunch in picturesque Rust, bike back to Neusiedl, ending the day with a leisurely ride on the train back to Vienna.
- Train times are subject to changes but as of this writing there was a direct train every 20 to 30 minutes from Vienna to Neusiedl am See.
- Travel time: 45m
- Total distance: 58km
- Company Provides:
* Top quality, 21-touring bikes in your frame size (You can even bring your own seats and pedal clips)
* Bike Line Guide (we will send it to you well in advance of your trip)
* Train reservations for bikes to Passau with reserved seats
transport for bikes from hotel to train station in Vienna
panniers (rear saddle bags)
* Helmet, locks, tool kit, extra tubes (there are also many repair shops along the way).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Bike rental:
* 1 day: € 27 per bike
* 2 days: € 49 per bike
* 3 days € 68 per bike
- Panniers: € 10 for entire rental period
- Bike Line guide: € 24 including postage
- Train (20 to 50% reduction for second person):
* Vienna-Passau about € 35 (per person)
* Vienna - Melk about € 13 (per person)
* Vienna - Linz about € 26 (per person)
* Budapest - Vienna about € 40 (per person)
* Prag - Vienna about € 65 (per person)
- Bike tickets for trains € 3 to 7, depending on train and line
- Accommodation in B&B or private rooms: € 18 to 28 per night/ person (somewhat cheaper in Hungary)
- Bike delivery or pick up:
* Passau: 1 or 2 bikes - € 140
* Budapest: 1 or 2 bikes - € 100, 3 bikes - € 40 per bike, 4 and up - € 35 per bike.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2009
Client Request Served: 41
Since 1996 we encourage tourists to discover Vienna by bike and provide Vienna hotels and B&Bs with an additional service for their guests. In the process we’ve created another reason to visit Vienna, and a way of combining culture with actively experiencing the city. Vienna offers the perfect setting: over 1,000...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend