This Bareboat Charter is for a weekend from our base in Gosport Marina. Weekend Charters start at 1800 hrs on Friday evening and finish at 1600 hrs on Sunday afternoon.
Recommended Previous Experience
The Charterer must ensure that the skipper has a minimum of RYA Day Skipper Practical, and be able to demonstate sufficient experience to be able to manouevre and navigate the yacht safely. The skipper must also have a valid First Aid Certificate, and an SRC/ VHF Licence. An additional crew member should also have sufficient experience to demonstrate that they would be able to take over in the event of an emergency.
During this charter, you will have the opportunity to visit some of the very interesting ports within the Solent. The Eastern limit of this charter is a line going from Bembridge to Chichester, and the Western Limit is a line from Fort Albert near Yarmouth to Hurst Point. We also ask that Day Skippers do not sail in winds exceeding Force 6. Extensions to these limits can be agreed if the Charterer has a RYA/ MCA Coastal Skipper or RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore. You boat will be supplied with a cleaning kit, Tea, Coffee, and Fresh milk, to help you get settled in when you join the boat. The boat will need to be returned in a clean condition, or alternatively you can opt for our tie up and step off service for an extra £60. You will need to supply a security deposit of £1000 which can be authorised by credit card directly prior to your charter, or by a cleared cheque in advance. Our office staff will contact you directly for the security deposit.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Bookings are accepted subject to the boat being available. The right is reserved to cancel any bookings made and in the event of such cancellation, no liability shall fall on us except that any monies paid shall be refunded.
2. A booking deposit of 50% of the charter fee is payable.
3. Payment of the balance of the charter fee must be made four weeks prior to the commencement of the charter. A £1000.00 security deposit should be paid prior to boarding your boat in Bankers Draft, Building Society Cheque or by Credit Card. Security deposits will be refunded within 10 working days of the end of the charter minus any costs incurred.
4. Any deposits and charter fees paid are not refundable in the event of the hirer not being able to proceed with the charter, and once the deposit is paid the Charterer is responsible for the entire charter fee. It is therefore advisable for cancellation and/or Holiday Insurance to be taken out by the Charterer upon confirmation of this booking form.
5. No liability or responsibility is accepted for any loss or additional expenses incurred by accident, sickness, strikes, stoppages, lockouts of workmen or of transport personnel not in the direct employment of the company.
6. A Charterer returning a boat late will be liable to a charge of twice the daily rate for each day or part of day overdue plus any additional costs created for Ondeck due to the late running of the charter. If it seems likely that you will not be able to return your boat on time, contact us as soon as possible so that we may make the best possible arrangements for the next Charterer.
7. The Charterer is responsible for leaving the boat and its equipment spotlessly clean. It should be left in the condition that you would like to find it on arrival. If it is not left as found Ondeck reserve the right to retain £50 from the security deposit to cover cleaning. If required arrangements can be made for the boat to be cleaned for a fee of £50.
8. Insurance - (a) The owner shall be throughout the period the boat is on hire under this agreement, and so long as the boat remains in the cruising area, insure the crew and keep the boat and her outfit, gear, machinery and equipment (but not including consumable supplies) insured, subject to the usual warranties, conditions and exclusions, under a marine boat policy against fire, marine and collision risks and maintain protection and indemnity cover (“the insurance policies”). Provided that the obligation of the owner to insure shall not extend to insure against loss of life or personal injury to, or loss or damage to any personal effect or any other property of the Charterer or any other person on board or near the boat (other than a member of the crew) arising from any cause whatsoever. The Charterer shall indemnify the owner against all costs, proceedings, claims and demands sustained by, or brought or made against, the owner on account of any loss, damage or injury arising from any cause whatsoever to which the owner’s obligation to insure does not extend.
(b) The Charterer shall give prompt notice to the broker of any event giving, or which may give rise to a claim under the insurance policies.
(c)The Charterer shall not be liable to the owner for any loss, damage or injury to, or caused by the boat, her outfit, gear, machinery or equipment which is recoverable by the owner under the insurance policies but shall be liable to the owner for any such loss, damage or injury which is not so recoverable by reasons of any wilful or negligent act of the Charterer or his passengers.
9. The Charterer undertakes to observe and comply with all seagoing rules and regulations currently in force including making sure that regular entries are made in the Ships Log Book.
10. Unless otherwise stated, all boats are fully equipped as per the inventory.
11. Boats must not be occupied by more persons that the stated number of berths.
12. No persons under the age 21 years may charter a boat.
13. The owners exercise all reasonable care to see that the boat and equipment when chartered is in every respect in good order, but they shall be exempt from all liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or property however arising and whether occasioned or contributed to by the act, the neglect default or omission of the owners, their servants or by reason of any defect in or any insufficiency of boat and equipment whether existing at the commencement of a charter or at any other time.
14. No animals or pets of any sort may be taken on board.
15. No firearms may be taken on board.16. Only those persons nominated on the booking form are permitted aboard whilst the boat is underway unless permission has been give the by Owner or his agent.
18. In some cases the conditions 1 –15 may be superseded by a separate contract.
If you would like to arrange a skipper to help you during your charter, please give the office a call on 02392 583000
prices are as an example for a yacht for a weekend that can take 8 people and is per yacht not per head
Also see tour packages in:
Europe England Outdoor: Water Drifter Boating and Sailing