"Your off-piste ski course".
Day 1: Meeting 8:40 a.m. by the desks of Saint-Gervais cable car, ready to go skiing. Do not forget to bring a passport-sized photograph, as it will be required to print your Mont-Blanc Ski Pass. First day of off-piste skiing on Saint-Gervais and Megève slopes, including training to Avalanche rescue. Night by your lodge or hotel.
Days 2-6: Depending on the snow and weather conditions, your guide will choose the off-piste routes you will ski. By the end of each afternoon, you come back to your lodge or hotel.
- The access to Saint-Gervais and "Pays du Mont-Blanc" takes 55 minutes (52 miles) by direct coach from Geneva International Airport.
- Group size: 6 to 8 participants, with a French Mountain Guide, graduated member of the IFMGA, expert in off-piste skiing. Your Mountain Guide speaks fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Accommodation: five nights by a two stars hotel in Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc (double room with twin beds), or by a three stars hotel in Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc (double room with twin beds).
- This program is particularly suitable for families: normal efforts for children on form, from 14 years, and tapering rates for parents and children taking part in the same program.
- Technical level and training:
* You are experienced in off-piste skiing. You can ski down any slope with a gradient of 30 degrees. You can ski any type of snow in off-piste, maybe without having a good style or without skiing fast, but you are efficient in powder snow, heavy snow or crusted snow.
* You are fit, practicing twice a week running, biking or swimming.
- Off-piste skiing and safety:
* All our programs of off-piste skiing have been created by our guides and ski-instructors, and improved each year since 1995. The choices of the most beautiful slopes and the best accommodations have been refined by them, and the technical level adapted to the pace of the program.
- Our mountain guides and ski-instructors ensure you of:
* Their knowledge and their experience of mountains, of the development of weather conditions, of the risks of avalanches, of the techniques of rescue and survival.
* Their experience of the management of groups in off-piste.
* Their responsibility in relation to insurances.
- They will thus put all their energy to enable you to achieve the whole forecasted program. However, in off-piste skiing, the imponderables exist - bad weather, high risks of avalanches, etc. - and may compel them to modify the program.
- Do not bear your guide or ski-instructor a grudge if he decides to turn and go back, or to modify the route: his main requirement is your safety.
- For this same requirement, we attach a great importance to the maximum number of participants per guide: we choose to ski with small groups, safely and therefore efficiently.
- All our off-piste instruction programs include training in the use of Avalanche Transceiver to help ensure your safety.
- For each program, we will loan you freely a Avalanche Transceiver, a probe and a shovel. The guide will take all the other safety gears which can be required for the program:
* Walkie-talkie linked to the Safety Patrols
* First-aid kit
* Survey blankets.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Skiing & Snowboarding
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend