You can learn about the ecology of this lake, and the surrounding habitat, that is home to woodland caribou, moose, beavers, lynx, sheep, otters and many other critters. If time permits and you have the energy, we can embark on a hike up to a lookout that allows us to see Marsh Lake, directly to the north, or if you are brave you can take a dip in the lake. It is cold compared to what many southerners are used to, but warm by Yukon standards.
Cabin Lake is stocked with arctic charr. You will have an opportunity to fish for these gorgeous northern fish. Please be aware, that these are smart fish, in the same family as trout, and that they are not easy prey. The fish-finder will confirm that they are down there, but it can be a real challenge to get them to bite.
Campfire Cookout Menu:
- Smoked Alaskan Salmon, and grilled vegetable appetizers
- Choice of locally raised Arctic Charr or Yukon-raised Elk cooked over the Fire
- Pan Roasted Yukon Vegetables (Yukon Gold Potatoes or Honey Glazed Carrots)
- Mediterranean Tofu and Three-Beans Salad
- Mixed Greens Salad with Yukon Birch Syrup Vinaigrette, Yukon-made feta cheese and cranberries
- Yukon Wild berry Crumble, made with local Yukon Berries
- Fair Trade locally roasted coffee or locally produced wild herbal tea
- A complimentary Yukon Gold Beer (local micro-brewery) or glass of wine.
- Dates: June through Mid-September by appointment
- Group Size: Maximum 12 clients
- Length: 8 hours (overnight camp-out with breakfast option available)
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Fishing Opportunities: Excellent (arctic charr).
Note: The cookout upgrade usually adds about an hour to the time that we spend on the excursion. The cookout options also requires group participation as it is quite an undertaking preparing such an awesome meal in the outdoors. Our guides are excellent wilderness chefs, but a few extra helpful-hands make all the difference. You can usually get your guide to recant a few tales of life in the Yukon as they whip up a wilderness feast. There is a $ 5 rental fee for fishing rods and lost lures are charged to the guest on a cost-recovery basis. A Yukon Angling License is not required in Cabin Lake as the arctic charr in the lake are privately stocked by Cabin Fever Adventures and we hold exclusive fishing rights to the lake.
What to bring:
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants (optional)
- Wind Layer
- Warm Top
- Sun hat
- Warm hat (optional)
- Outdoor synthetic clothing is best
- Camera and extra batteries.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Canada Yukon Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend