We will pick you up from a location convenient for you in the Whitehorse area. A short 10-minute shuttle east of town brings us to Chadburn Lake. This lake is perfect for beginners, with its numerous calm bays and warmer than average water temperatures for the Yukon. Next your guide will give you a lesson on how to enter the boat, hold your paddle, exit the boat safely, and then we will launch our boats and have an on-water lesson on basic steering. We will go on an interpretive paddle around the lake, learning about the ecology of the Yukon volcanic ash lakes. The aqua-blue color of the water in the shallows is an illusion caused by the white silt, giving the water a Caribbean look. We will stop for a picnic meal on the shore of homemade sandwiches with local Yukon ingredients, fresh fruits and vegetables and dip. Juices, sweet treats and hot drinks round out our meal as we relax and soak in the ambiance of our wilderness beach. If you wish you can participate in a hike up a grassy ridge, with views to Grey Mountain looming above us to the North and Chadburn Lake below us. This Lake is blessed with nice beaches and many natural grassy meadows to explore. When our exploration of Chadburn Lake is complete, we will return to the landing, load our kayaks and return to Whitehorse with a boat-load of memories.
- Dates: June through Mid-September by appointment
- Length: 4-6 hours (including a meal break)
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Fishing Opportunities:Excellent but time limited (grayling, trout, pike) You can fish from shore during lunch break.
What to bring:
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants (optional)
- Wind Layer
- Warm Top (fleece or wool - not cotton)
- Sun hat
- Warm hat (optional)
- Outdoor synthetic clothing is best
- Sunglasses (with straps if you have them)
- Camera and extra batteries.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 2 clients: $ 235 + 5% GST per person
- 3 clients: $ 215 + 5% GST per person
- 4 or more clients: $ 195 + 5% GST per person.
- All Transportation
- Guided Sea Kayaking
- Lakeside packed-out picnic lunch or dinner
- Services of a Cabin Fever Adventures guide
- Use of paddles, personal flotation device, kayaks
- All necessary safety equipment.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2009
Client Request Served: 74
Brook and Dustin Davis, owners and directors of M19346 are wilderness experts and educators. Dustin is a professional teacher by training with more than 10 years of commercial guiding experience and Brook is a remote outpost nurse, who services the needs of small northern communities. She is also a professional...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Water Drifter
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend