We will pick you up from a location convenient for you in the Whitehorse area. A short 35-minute shuttle west and then north of Whitehorse brings us to our launching spot on Lake Labarge. This lake is famous for its involvement in the final scenes of Robert Services Poem, the “Cremation of Sam McGee”. Here you will launch your kayaks and get a quick skills refresher from your guide. We will paddle north along the western shore of the vast Yukon Lake, which is more than 30 miles long from tip to tip. Along the way we will stop for a picnic lunch or dinner on a large island and take in the sites. Homemade sandwiches with local Yukon ingredients, fresh fruits and vegetables and dips, juices, sweet treats and hot drinks await us as we relax and soak in the ambiance of the lake. Now is a perfect time to hear a reading of “The Cremation of Sam McGee”. After our island refuge we will paddle south again to our vehicle with a boat-load of memories!
- Dates: June through Mid-September by appointment
- Length: 6-10 hours
- Skill Level: intermediate/advanced sea kayaking
- Fishing Opportunities: Excellent (trout, grayling, northern pike: You can fish during the meal brake or troll a line)
What to bring:
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants (optional)
- Wind Layer
- Warm Top (fleece or wool - not cotton)
- Synthetic Long Johns top and bottom
- Sun hat
- Warm hat (optional)
- Outdoor synthetic clothing is best
- Sunglasses (with straps if you have them)
- Camera and extra batteries.
Note: If the lake is too rough we will return to Whitehorse and instead go for a paddle on Chadburn Lake or Fish Lake.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 2 clients: $ 235 + 5% GST per person
- 3 clients: $ 215 + 5% GST per person
- 4 or more clients: $ 195 + 5 % GST per person.
- All transportation
- Guided sea kayaking excursion
- Lakeside packed-out picnic lunch or dinner
- Services of a Cabin Fever Adventures guide
- Use of paddles, personal flotation device, kayaks
- Farmer John, Farmer Jane wet suit provided
- All necessary safety equipment.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2009
Client Request Served: 76
Brook and Dustin Davis, owners and directors of M19346 are wilderness experts and educators. Dustin is a professional teacher by training with more than 10 years of commercial guiding experience and Brook is a remote outpost nurse, who services the needs of small northern communities. She is also a professional...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Water Drifter
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend