Jerez de la Frontera became famous throughout the world for its sweet wines named after the town, which the British pronounced "sherry". It is called "de la Frontera" because it once stood on the frontier between the Moorish and the Christian realms. Jerez is also famous, throughout the world, for its fine horses and brilliant singers and dancers of flamenco.
The distinctive wine in Jerez has been exported for centuries, it was even praised by Shakespeare. It is distinctive because the strong sun gives the grapes a high sugar content. British merchants have been involved in the wine trade here for centuries, producing and shipping a fortified wine known as sherry.
Sevilla – Jerez de la Frontera: Meet your Private English-Speaking Driver and Guide in your accommodation in Sevilla. Drive to Jerez de la Frontera (90 km approximately) and enjoy a sherry y winery visit and tasting, a guided 2 hours walking tour in Jerez and a fantastic tapas lunch. Return to Seville at 1630 approximately.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Private transportation throughout the itinerary
- Winery visit described including guided tour and private tasting
- Jerez visit with local guide
- Lunch in a Jerez restaurant
- English guide full day
- Travel insurance.
- Tips or personal expenses
- Any concept not included in the previous itinerary.
- 220 Eur ( per person for 4 people)
- Departures: from Tuesday to Saturday contact us for other departure dates
- Cancellations 48 hours before departure will have a penalty of 50% of the total amount
- Cancellations 24 hours before departure will not be refunded.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
At M17929 we organize wine tours and experiences in Spain and France. From wine tours of several days, weekend or one-day trips with wine-tasting in wine cellars, to cookery workshops and many other types of experiences related to wine and gastronomy. Most our wine tours are personalized and for small...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend