Day 1: São Tomé.
Lodging: Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel. The Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport. Before dinner time, you will have some time to settle into your room, to take a swim in the pool or to enjoy a drink at the pool side bar.
Day 2: Full day on São Tomé, excursions* or relaxation time
- São Tomé City Tour:Visiting the old city centre. At the lively Mercado Central, you will discover the islands products and the Calilu’s secret ingredients. With a visit to the National Museum, our guide will tell you about the life on the plantations and São Tomé’s tormented pre-independence history.
- Visit to Bom Sucesso Botanical Garden: São Tomé’s native flora (700 species including a hundred orchids) and fauna (birds and marine turtles) are of particular interest, as many of its species are endemic. Indeed, it is possible to see more than 100 different orchids from the island at the Bom Sucesso Botanical Garden.
- Day Trip by Car to East Coast São Tomé: In this trip you will visit the Roça Agua Izê, a working cocoa plantation, with its colonial buildings and warehouses. You will then continue along the coast, passing typical fishermen villages and admiring some of the best views of the island. Roça São João is your final destination, where you can relax and enjoy São Tomé’s best-kept culinary secrets for lunch.
- Hiking in Ôbo National Park: Ôbo National Park has only recently been created and helps to protect the unique natural heritage of the island. The old plantation, " Roca Bombain" is a major point of entry to the Ôbo National Park. Surrounded by mountains and waterfalls, this old estate has been rehabilitated into a charming small hostel. One of the eco-guides will take you through plantations and into the park to discover the secrets of the Santomean rainforest. After a refreshing bath and picnic at the waterfall "Formoso Cascade", you will head back to the roca for a well-deserved locally brewed cup of coffee.
- Sea Turtle Night Patrol: Marine turtles have been coming to São Tomé for millions of years. Between October and April, five species can be seen on the island: the green turtle, the leatherback, the olive riddley, the hawksbill and the caouanne. We invite you to accompany our eco-guides on their nightly patrols of the beach to supervise and protect the sea turtles as they crawl ashore to nest.
- Bird-watching Expeditions: São Tomé is also an ornithologist's paradise: 143 bird species have been identified here and rare endemic species like the São Tomé short tail, São Tomé giant sun bird, and São Tomé fiscal strike may sometimes be spotted.
Day 3: Excursion possibilities and flight back in the afternoon.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Sao Tome and Principe Romantic Venture Island Vacation
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend