Right now you have a chance to visit Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana in South America as one destination.
Fly into one of the Guiana's and start your trip. An itinerary of your requested amount of days will give you the highlights of these countries.
In Guyana a city tour in the inner city, with the colonial buildings, the Kaieteur falls with its single water drop of 740 ft in the Potaro River located in the Kaieteur National Park, the surrounding areas of George Town, Orinduik falls, the Rupununi savannah and much more to explore in this English speaking country.
In Suriname - former Dutch Guiana - where everybody speaks his own cultural language, understands and speaks English and where Dutch is the official language, a city tour where you can experience the wooden buildings from its colonial period, nature park Brownsberg on driving distance, nature and cultural Resorts, maroon and Amerindian villages, nesting sea turtles and lots of birds at several excursions are a must. Even the culinary diversity is mind blowing.
In French Guiana - still colony of France- a visit at the jail in St. Laurant Du Maronie where Papillion was as a prisoner, the space center in Kouru and the space museum, as well Devils Island are very interesting places. In Cayenne the capital city of French Guyana you will find the palm gardens, musea and lots of historical buildings.
Some interesting points of this itinerary:
- Diversity in culture in all of the countries
- Pure nature, all the Guiana’s has a minimum of 80% tropical rainforest
- Authentic cultures, maroons and Amerindian people still live in and from the jungle
- lots of colonial buildings, because all these countries were colonies
- New tourist destination, these countries are not yet discovered
- Last but not least: good food!
Recommended minimum days for this tour is 9 days.
Overnight in good hotels depending on budget, and transfers to the countries are available by land and air. We recommend overland transport so you can get a better experience and you will see lots more for sure.......
How to visit:
- direct flights to Guyana and Suriname from the USA
- direct flight from The Netherlands to Suriname
- direct flights from France and Martinique to French Guiana
- direct flights from the Caribbean, so a combination is recommended!
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
South America French Guiana Suriname Guyana Local Culture Cultural Journey National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend