- Route: Perth - Adelaide - Sydney
- Distance: 4352 km
- Departs: Wednesday & Sunday 11.55hrs (subject to change)
- Arrives: Saturday & Wednesday 10.15am respectively (suject to change)
* Gold Kangaroo Service Twin Cabin. Superior, well appointed day and overnight sleeper accommodation. Choose from an elegant twin or single sleeper cabin:
- Twin Cabins feature 3 seater lounge converting to upper and lower sleeping berths plus ensuite facilities with toilet, washbasin and shower
- Single Cabins feature a lounge chair converting to single sleeping berth with shower and toilet facilities located at the end of each carriage.
Cabins are fully serviced by carriage attendants with fresh sheets, pillows and doonas. Cabins feature 3 pin/ 240 volt power point, wardrobe, full length mirror, reading light, foldaway table. Complimentary toiletry bags and onboard magazine provided in all Gold Service cabins. Guests receive a Certificate of Travel and `collector` stick pin upon disembarkation.
Dining: Gold Service guests aboard the Indian Pacific dine in the elegant Restaurant Car. All meals are included in the Gold Service fare. The enjoyment of fine food and wine combined with views across this vast, beautiful continent is an unrivalled experience. Sample selections from our superb menus served to your table. The menus will feature a blend of Australian and International cuisine, cooked to perfection by our own on-board chefs. Quality wines and beverages are available for purchase. Vegetarian, children`s and some special dietary meals can be accommodated - please request these when you make your booking.
Note: Breakfast packs will be delivered to cabins on some services to cater for early morning destination arrivals and off-train tour requirements.
Lounge: The Gold Service Lounge is often the centre of activity for any journey. The cosy, club-like setting is an excellent place to socialise or sit back and enjoy the passing parade of Australian landscapes. The Lounge has a licensed bar and is the ideal place to gather for a drink before dinner or for a game of cards and a nightcap with new friends.
* Red Kangaroo Service Sleeper Cabin: Comfortable, twin share day cabin converting to upper and lower sleeping berths at night. Seating comprises 2 facing lounge chairs. Private washing facilities in cabin. Cabins feature 3 pin/ 240 volt power point, wardrobe, vanity mirror, reading light, foldaway table. Toilet and shower facilities at the end of each carriage. Complimentary on-board magazine
Note: guests travelling alone may be required to share a Sleeper Cabin.
* Red Kangaroo Service Daynighter Seat: Comfortable recliner lounge chairs with generous leg room. Individual reading light. Video entertainment. Toilet and shower facilities at the end of each carriage. Towels and soap provided; guests need to bring their own rug and pillow. Complimentary on-board magazine.
Diner & Buffet: The Red Service Diner offers affordable and tasty light meals, snacks and drinks for purchase. Limited special dietary light meals are available (please request when you make your booking). The Diner is fully licensed. Snacks and light meals are also available for purchase throughout the day from the licensed Buffet Car.
Lounge: Guests travelling in Red Service Sleeper Cabin and Daynighter Seat have access to the Red Service Lounge. Sit back and relax, enjoy a drink or socialise with new found friends. Video games and entertainment are available in the Lounge. It`s a great way to travel
Notes: Due to space constraints, guests may only take on board hand luggage required for their journey. All other luggage must be checked-in. Guests are permitted to check-in a maximum 40kg luggage free of charge (2 items not exceeding 20kg each). Checked-in luggage cannot be accessed during the journey.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania Australia Local Culture Railway Trips