Day 1: Train journey from Zermatt to Rotenboden. Rock climbing training on the Riffelhorn, 2927 m, with magnificent views, 4 hours. Hike to Zermatt.
Day 2: Cable car ride from Zermatt to the Klein Matterhorn, 3820 m. We climb the Pollux 4092 m in 2½ hours (ice and rock climbing) and descend to the Val-d`Ayas Hut at 3430 m in Italy in 1½ hours. Overnight.
Day 3: Full travers of the Breithorn, 4163 m, 7 hours (ice and rock climbing). Return to Zermatt from Klein Matterhorn with the cable car.
Day 4: Free morning. Relaxed and acclimatised you take in the afternoon the cable car from Zermatt to Schwarzsee at 2583 m, hike to the Hörnli Hut at 3260 m, 2 hours.
Day 5: Ascent of the Matterhorn, 4477 m, via the Hörnli ridge, 4 hours to the summit. 4 hours return to the Hörnli Hut. Lunch and hike to the Schwarzsee. Cable car ride back to Zermatt.
Day 6: Day in reserve, in case of bad weather or conditions.
- Days 1 - 3: 2 guests per mountain guide
- Day 5, only 1 guest per mountain guide
- Price for 5 days: US $ 2750 per person by 2 guests (without mountain guide on day 4)
* 1 mountain guide for 3 days
* 2 mountain guides for the Matterhorn ascent (1 guest per mountain guide)
- Transport costs of mountain guides:
* 1 overnight stay with half board in the Ayas Hut for 2 guests and 1 mountain guide
* 1 overnight stay with half board in the Hörnli Hut for 2 guests and 2 mountain guides
* 1 Matterhorn certificate per guest.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Switzerland Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Mountain/Rock Climbing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend