Bike Jerusalem Itinerary:
- Neighborhood of Nachlaot
- The German Colony neighborhood
- Sherover Promenade
- Mishkanot Sha’nanim
- Jaffa Gate (Old City)
- The Russian Compound and much more
* There will be a 30 minute lunch break along the way.
Jerusalem: As a sacred city to the three monotheistic religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – Jerusalem is a truly magical and unique place. Many fall in love with her, others are overwhelmed by her zealous inhabitants, but none stay immune to her alluring nature; an amalgamation of rock, blood, and spirit that has been pulsating for thousands of years to a beat all of her own.
Why Should I Tour by Bike? Pleasantly biking through its numerous neighborhoods, each with its own particular culture and style, listening to fascinating stories about Old Jerusalem, feeling the Holy City’s mystical vibe come alive, is the only way to truly comprehend what Jerusalem, which usually eludes the site-seeing tourist, is all about. Moreover, while many of the city’s streets and alleys are too narrow and tough to access by car (and finding parking is always a challenge), its vast size and hilly terrain make walking tours a rather difficult and time consuming experience. We consider biking to be the best form of transportation for those wishing to visit the city’s many historic sites and tourist attractions within a short period of time.
Saturday tour(Shabbat in Hebrew): On Saturday, Jerusalem undergoes an incredible transformation from Israel’s vibrant capital to a lay-back, peaceful country village: Stores are closed, in many neighborhoods moving cars are a rarity, multitudes of people can be seen making their way to the local synagogues to take part in the weekend prayers, and the famous Sabbath atmosphere characteristic of Jerusalem descends upon the metropolis and encompasses all. In consequence, Saturday is the ideal day for bikers who wish to tour Jerusalem while encountering very little traffic.
- Age: 13-70 years of age
- Difficulty Level: Easy, An easy 5 Hour circular bike ride at a relaxed pace
- Baby seats for bicycles are available
- Number of Participants: Tour is conditioned to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 bikers
- What to Bring: Casual clothes, sport shoes, money for lunch and suntan lotion
- Tour Dates: Tour dates vary and are dependent on number of participants
- Tours starts at 8AM, at the parking lot at Sherover Promenade at Armon HaNatziv, Jerusalem.
- Upcoming Tour: 5 December
* Places must be booked in advance.
Also see tour packages in:
Middle East Israel Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 19819
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "19819" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.