Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is a moderate nature trek that starts at Phedi, a short drive of about 45 minutes from Pokhara, which takes you to the foot (Base Camp, 4130m) of Mt. Annapurna, one of the most magnificent peaks in the world. The trail takes you through fascinating traditional villages of Nepal’s ethnic communities of the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali who will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation. The hike continues through dense rhododendron forest with towering snowy peaks in the background. The return walk is even more interesting as the trek winds around different ridges towards Ghorepani, where you witness breathtaking views of an early morning sunrise where a red halo seeps through glistening gaps over the snow capped peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Mountains.
The scenery seen throughout this trek grace the landscape of the Himalayas where imagination defines the beauty of nature as an experience that can never be forgotten. The Annapurna Base Camp trek will be even more interesting in spring as the whole forest along the trail turns red, pink and white with rhododendron flowers. This wonder trip can be done anytime of the year except during the monsoons.
- Trip duration: 16 Days
- Grade: Moderate to fairly challenging
- Activity: Trekking and sightseeing
- Starts in: Kathmandu
- Ends in: Kathmandu
- Maximum altitude: 4130m.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Fly to Pokahara and drive to Phedi, trek to Dhampus (1700m).
Day 4: Trek to Landrung (1550m).
Day 5: Trek to Chomrong (2100m).
Day 6: Trek to Himalaya hotel (2850m).
Day 7: A day for rest day.
Day 8: Trek to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m).
Day 9: Trek to Annapurna south base camp (4130m).
Day 10: Trek to Chomrong (2100m).
Day 11: Trek to Ghandrunk (1940m).
Day 12: Trek to Banthanti (2410m).
Day 13: Trek to Ghorepani (2880m).
Day 14: Trek to Nayapul, drive to Pokhara.
Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 16: Depart Kathmandu.
- 23rd March – 7th April
- 6th April – 21st April
- 20th April – 5th May
- 28th September – 13th October
- 5th October – 20th October
- 12th October – 27th October.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation in lodge during the trek
- Kathmandu/ Pokhara/ Kathmandu airfare
- English speaking local expert guide, porters
- National Park fees
- 3 nights accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on double sharing with breakfast
- Airport transfers and escort
- Insurance of the guide and porters.
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees
- International flight and departure tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal gears and clothing (available on hire)
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client's insurance.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2009
Client Request Served: 12
- Company services: Trekking and travel services in Nepal and Tibet
- Fields of expertise: Tourism, worked as a trekking company in Nepal
- Years of experience: 15 years.
* Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal
* Nepal Mountaineering Association
* Affiliate Member of Nepal...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend