After a thirty five minute flight from Kathmandu landing at Lukla’s tiny airstrip, the adventure really begins. We spend the next few days trekking and interacting amongst the mountain people also known as Sherpa’s, we stay at local lodges and trek into the heartland of their villages. Everything is organized in conjunction with local Sherpa guides. Along the trek we will pass Buddhist monasteries with the views of Everest and other snow towering mountains getting closer by the day. We will have rest days in the villages of Namche bazaar that will allow us to explore the region and acclimatize, which is very important. After trekking to Gokyo Ri (5483 meters), we return at a leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for our flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3: Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2795 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3480 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 5: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 6: Trek to Dole (4130 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 7: Trek to Mochermo (4470 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 8: Trek to Gokyo (4770 meters) 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 9: Hike up to Gokyo Ri (5360 meters) early in the morning then Back to Gokyo 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse
Day 10: Trek to back to Dole (4130 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3480 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2795 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 13: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14: Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
Day 15: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/ van/ bus
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in four/ five star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included (3 nights)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car/ van/ bus
- Stander meal Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast
- Tea house accommodation during the trek
- A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and a general first aid kit
- Shagarmatha National park permit, and all necessary permits
- Flight fare from Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu including airport departure taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla
- We provide Down Jacket, duffel/kit bag and sleeping bag(which needs to be returned after the trek)
- All our government taxes
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Personal trekking Equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You will require 2 passport size photos.
Note: We operate Gokyo Valley Trek for groups and individuals, provide professional Trek Leader, Trekking guide, with the best possible services at prices that represent excellent value for money.
Official expense: US$60 per person per night for Single room and US$ 35 per person per night for double(twin sharing) room if you need extra accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
Domestic airfare ktm-lukla- ktm include.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking