Otavalo is also famous for the lush green mountains and foothills surrounding it which make for excellent hiking. If you'd prefer to simply take in the sights, there are gorgeous mountain views from the city; including the spectacular sight of two extinct volcanoes, which are easily visible on any clear day.
Activities and other features of the trip:
- Spanish classes everyday for 4 hours
- Trying excellent indigenous food, "yapingacho" (cuy, if you dare)
- Comfortable, clean rooms
- Visit to Otavalo indigenous community
- Trekking through the country side of Peguche
- Trip to San Pablo lake
- Visit to the town of Cotacachi (famous for leather work and Cuicocha Lake)
- Visit to Otavalan workshops where woven goods can be purchased at a discount from the artisan.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Ecuador Local Culture Cultural Journey Crafts Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 17777
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "17777" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.