7:00 Transport from Quito to the town of Pastocalle, where Llamahuasi (The Mountaineering House) is located. We will have breakfast, and an explanation of the mountain safety equipment used such as crampons, ice ax, harness, helmet, hiking boots, gaiters, and more. We will continue our journey to the Cotopaxi parking lot at 4500m, where we will begin a one hour walk to the refuge. From there it´s a half hour walk to the glacier. There you will learn how to properly walk with crampons, use an ice axe and stop a fall on a slope, cross a crevasse, and properly use a rope for fall protection. Afterwards we will have Lunch at the shelter and return to Quito.
- Private transportation from Llamahuasi-Cotopaxi-Llamahuasi
- 1 professional guide ASEGUIM member (Ecuadorian Association of Mountain Guides
- Meals specified in itinerary (Breakfast, Box Lunch)
- Cotopaxi National Park entrance fee.
- Equipment needed for class (boots, crampons, harness, ice ax, sunglasses, boots, etc., Cost: US$ 45)
- Meals not specified in the program
- Travel Insurance
Also see tour packages in:
South America Ecuador Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Ice Climbing Glacier Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 19628
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "19628" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.