Wake Up in Bali specializes in off-the-beaten-track journeys exclusively for women. Nourish your soul with this ten day Balinese retreat customized for discerning women. Our groups are limited to a
maximum of fourteen travelers to ensure a personal, individualized, and truly unique experience. Immerse yourself In the enchanting Balinese culture and experience the true essence of the people.
Travel Beyond Conventional Borders
Stay in hand- selected boutique hotels, dine in exotic
restaurants, and discover remote villages. Explore
the village of Ubud, setting for the novel Eat Pray
Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (and the new movie starring
Julia Roberts of the same title). Pamper yourself at
Spas, shop the markets, and learn to cook with
Balinese herbs at the famous “ Fragrant Rice” School.
Relax the day away under the palm trees of a remote
Rejuvenate your Life
Join us in Bali for a transformational experience with
a privileged small group of women. Our last night
celebration dinner will make you an official member
of the “Inspiring Women’s Club,” for a lifetime of
important friendships. Wake Up programs are stress-
free, flexible, and fun with freedom to do as much or
as little as you please.
Your traveling companions will be other women that also have a passion for intelligent and soulful experiences. It is not just a get-away, it’s a get together that will connect you to a community of new friends. We limit our groups to no more than fourteen people to ensure a profound learning and bonding experience. Trust me, by the end of this ten day celebratory trip, you will be a part of the “Inspiring Women's Club” with new friends that will last a lifetime. There is power in a gathering of women; together we are going places and we are making things possible.
You will be offered an authentic cultural experience that will expand your world view. Full of living colorful images, you’ll return home with amazing stories to share, a smile on your face, and fresh enthusiasm for life. Together with our local Balinese staff, artists, and friends, you’ll enjoy authentic cultural connections and off-the-beaten-path experiences. Synchronicity abounds as we visit hospitable villages and discover unexpected treasures. The energy in Bali is unique, offering soulful nourishment as nature is imposed on life, not man on nature.
We call our formal program “Reflections.” It is a relaxed on hour time we all spend together in the mornings. Our “Reflections” are carried further in open conversation over dinner. They are designed to expand your brain and open your heart. With time for reflection, we can make wiser choices about what matters and to that which gives meaning to our lives. Participants leave these sessions feeling stronger, wiser, and encouraged.
We will share many adventures, here are a few:
- Wake up to exotic birds singing in a natural tropical paradise.
- Five spa treatments with ever so much pampering using natural essential oils.
- Jump on a boat and idle away a day at the beach on a small tropical island.
- Make a piece of sterling silver jewelry of your own design with our silver smith.
- Visit to Mt. Agung (“mother mountain”) and the largest sacred Volcano in Bali.
- Easy-adventure rafting in the afternoon as we pass picturesque rice fields & lush gardens.
- Wear your new sarong and offer incense and flower petals in prayer at the temple.
- Trek off the beaten path to an organic restaurant amidst the beauty of the rice fields.
- Explore the villages where Julia Roberts just shot the scenes for the movie Eat Pray Love.
- Journey into remote artisan villages and participate in an authentic village ceremony.
- Lunch and learn about local Balinese cooking at the famous ”School of Fragrant Rice".
- Bargain with the vendors for a handcrafted treasure in the local market.
- Immerse yourself in the culture with gamelan music, drumming, and mystical fire dances.
- Get to know personally many of our special Balinese staff, artists and friends.
- Visit to the home and museum of Antonio Blanco; the famous erotic artist.
- Tour of “the Green School”- 100% Eco creative ~ a school like you’ve never seen before.
- Discover “Our Little Girl:” she lives in a village, off the beaten path, and is left out of education because of the caste system. Together we can make a difference in her life.
- Be inspired by many art forms-vibrantly alive in the form of painting, carving, beading, weaving, acting, dancing, and music.
* Spa: There is no more beautiful place on earth to rejuvenate and indulge in spa treatments. You will be pampered at several of the most decadent spas imaginable using centuries old Balinese massage techniques. All treatments are natural, using only natural herbs and essential oils. You will have four such spa day experiences with each massage lasting for ninety luxurious minutes of treatment. As an option, you can choose facials or reflexology. Bali is a place for transformation, and this extraordinary ten day journey is full of meaning and other- worldliness. It’s time to come home to yourself.
* Restaurants: We’ll be eating at a wide variety of international restaurants. Balinese food is a fresh delicious Asian fusion and reminiscent of Thai food. We’ll eat at special restaurants hidden in exotic beautiful environments. You can certainly order Western food, but the Balinese cook flavors with coconut and spices such as fresh ginger and tamarind in a wood-fired oven fueled by bamboo. Food in Bali is safe, healthy, and largely all organic. It’s a vegetarians dream come true. You’ll come back feeling healthier and hooked by the fresh flavors of Bali.
* Accommodations: We take great care to provide a safe, comfortable Balinese- style lodging in places of striking natural beauty. We discovered that too much moving around is exhausting. Our philosophy is that – it’s not about moving around, it’s about moving In. We’ll be at the first hotel for six nights and the second one for three nights. Our main lodging will be nestled in the village of Ubud, the setting for the book Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This village is full of real Balinese away from the hustle of big city neon. We’ll find wonderful dining experiences, shopping, and cultural events in Ubud.
All our accommodations are hand selected, with delightfully friendly service, swimming pools, connected natural pathways, and tropical Balinese architecture. We never stay in typical American type hotels and your room is more bungalo/villa like. We have several of these special boutique hotels that are our favorites, but all our hotels are full of photographic charm and truly Balinese by nature. In the Yaya spirit, we encourage double occupancy and will gladly connect you with a potential roommate before the trip. If you'd like your own room, that’s OK too.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Indonesia Sweet Harmony Women Tours Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend