- Mitigating Pain Care Centers
- Seniors Care Centers
- Public Health Community Campaigns.
Requirements: Spanish level—intermediate (intermediate/ advanced for HIV centers).
Our health projects in Costa Rica provide a wonderful opportunity to doctors, nurses, and medical students (some Pre Medical students can join the project too) to become familiar with the challenges and health issues of Costa Rica, and to get first hand experience in the field. Volunteers support local doctors and nurses; tasks range from observation to assistance. Depending on your level of knowledge, experience, and skill, you may check blood pressure, distribute food and medicine, weigh babies, and help with other first-aid procedures.
Volunteers may be asked to help with different programs such as health education, basic prevention, nutrition, and sanitation that are organized through a number of hospitals, local clinics, and EBAIS (small clinics in individual communities) in Costa Rica. You will choose your specialization, but our staff regularly communicates with the local hospitals and clinics, and may suggest a particular placement based on urgent need.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Volunteering
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend