- Children Day Camps
- School Soup Kitchens
- Community Soup Kitchens
- Children's Community Homes
- Children’s Community Centers
- Special Children’s Centers.
Required Spanish Level: Beginner/ Intermediate. Project Special Requirements: Patience, creativity, and commitment. In every part of the world, but particularly in many developing and underdeveloped countries, children can fall victim to a living situation that affords them few opportunities. In these cases, the community is often left with the responsibility to support and rehabilitate these youngsters. In other cases, parents need to work to support their families, and arrangements are needed to provide supervision and positive modeling for their kids when not in school.
- Help in the kitchen
- Play with the kids
- Teach English basic vocabulary
- Basic care to the kids.
Note: In some of our programs, participants must demonstrate at minimum, an intermediate level of the Spanish language (Please read each description). If you have little or no Spanish language skills, you need to enroll in our Spanish language and cultural immersion program during the first week of your placement. This program includes 20 hours of Spanish language classes as well as cultural immersion activities such as latino dancing lessons, Costa Rica cooking lessons, and Tropical Fruit lessons. Classes are no larger than 6 students and the emphasis is on conversational skills.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Volunteering
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend