- Required Spanish Level: Advanced
- Project Special Requirement: Be very creative and a self-starter.
Your custom-made project will be a marriage of the needs of the community and your personal inspiration. Your goal will be to get your brainchild off the ground and once it’s up and running, hand over the responsibility to the community members with whom you’ve worked.
- Tarcoles: community located at Puntarenas Middle Pacific Coast
- Santa Cecilia Community: located at San Isidro de Heredia, on the skirts of Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Guapiles Community: located in Limon Province, Caribbean Region,
- Paso Tempisque Community: located at Filadelfia de Guanacaste, northern Costa Rican Region, Pacific Coast
- San Rafael Community: located at Heredia, a really nice place
- Santa Barbara Community: located in Heredia, on the skirts of Barva National Park.
- Homestay: This type of accommodation is available in most of our projects. We use great local families who are all screened and are very happy to have volunteers who are there to help their communities Meals are included in your homestay accommodation. Food will be standard Costa Rican cuisine. All food and drinks served by the host family will be safe to eat and vegetarians can be accommodated. Laundry service is offered once a week.
- Volunteers houses: Some of the projects have small or medium size volunteer houses. Volunteers share rooms with others. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided Monday to Friday for volunteers who stay in the volunteer house as part of their program fee. The houses have nice facilities. Sometimes volunteers are expected to help with meals and assist in the cleaning of the volunteer house. They can sleep on beds, and sometimes bunk beds. The volunteer houses are also available to be used on the weekends.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Volunteering
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend