Our volunteers are able to help children in Costa Rica's primary schools receive a better education. In the Volunteer Costa Rica Primary School project, volunteers contribute their time and energy working with younger children, especially being English Teacher´s Assistants. Sometimes additional help with games, drawing, reinforcing students with special needs, and other creative activities will be needed.
Many classes are formed of about 35 children and very scant resources. Often, the children lack pens, pencils, and paper. Consequently, the volunteer should be creative to compensate for the lack of materials. Volunteers for this placement must be highly motivated "self-starters" who are able to work independently. Working with these children in our Costa Rica volunteer program will give you the opportunity to share your love and skill with those who need it. As a bonus, you will have free time to explore the cultural and natural wonder of Costa Rica.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.