Day 1: Airport-Tunis. Home Airport Tunis-Carthage. Transfer to the hotel. Dinner and housing.
Day 2: Tunis - Carthage - Bardo
Guided tour of the city of Tunis. Carthage and his remains that date back to 814 before Jesus Christ and who is world heritage of the ÚNESCO. Visit the Museum, Punic district byrsa Hill, the Thermae of Antonin, Park of the Roman Villas and amphitheater. National museum of Bardo, with its impressive collection of Roman mosaics and archaeological parts as well as a multitude of artworks of different civilizations that have marked the history of Tunisia. Dinner and hotel accommodation.
Day 3: Zaghouan - Tuburbo Majus - Dougga - Bulla Regia - El Kef
- Zaghouan: visit of Water Temple.
- Tuburbo Majus: Capitol, palaestra, temples, baths and its mosaics, villas, etc.
- Dougga, registered in world heritage of UNESCO as the Roman city that kept the best of Northern Africa. Discover the charm of the remarkably preserved Roman site (theatre, capitole, thermal baths).
- Bulla Regia and its ancient Roman city: temples, forum, public baths, theater, etc. Dinner and hotel accommodation.
Day 4: El Kef - Makhtaris - Tejerouine - Sbeitla
- El Kef: Roman baths at the foot of the Medina, the fortress ruins, vestige of a Christian basilica table of Jougourtha: a mountain, a stairway built into the rock with, in addition, access hidden (port of the Roman ligure) permit taking this fortress
- Table de Jougourtha: a mountain, a stairway built into the rock with, in addition, access hidden (the Roman ligure port) which allowed the decision-making of this fortress
- Maktharis: important archaeological sites with its thermal baths, its stones, its temples.
- Sbeitla: the capitole, forum, Anthonin, churches and basiliques dating to the byzantine era, arc baths, theatre, aqueduct bridge. Dinner and hotel accommodation.
Day 5: Kairouan- Sbeitla – El Jem – Monastir
Kairouan, city of Islam, with its great mosque Sidi Okba, founded in the 7th century great mosque. Bassins of Aghlabid, huge reserves of Medina with its Aboriginal crafts of the ninth century, water; manufactures carpet. Sbeïtla: visit of the old Roman city. El Jem, visit of his immense Roman amphitheater. Monastery: Stop before the mausoleum Bourguiba. Departure to hotel, dining and accommodation at the hotel.
Day 6: Transfer to airport for departure.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Tunisia History Whiz Archeology/History Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend