Dhaulagiri (White Mountain), separated from the Annapurna region by Kali Gandaki Gorge (deepest in the world) includes some fifteen peaks above 7000mt. The trekking in this area is relatively strenuous and needs some mountaineering knowledge. Magdi Glacier, Dhaulagiri Base camp (4750m), French Pass (5360m) (highest point of the trek) including the several peaks such as Putali Himal and Tukuche Peak gives you an excellent view of Dhaulagiri range.
A hidden snow valley (after crossing French pass) gives you a heavenly test of white world. The Dhampus Pass between Tukuche peak and Thapa peak is another haven in the trip. An itinerary outline (duration can be 16 days, 18 days or 22 days, depend on your time and interest/ it is better to have a few days in Kathmandu and Pokhara on your arrival and departure).
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 2: Free Day at Kathmandu. O/N Hotel.
Day 3: Drive/Fly to Pokhara. O/N Hotel.
Day 4: Drive to Beni-Lunch in Beni and Trek to Singa. O/N Camp (3 hours walk).
Day 5: Trek to Darbang. O/N Camp (1110m, 5-6 hours).
Day 6: Trek to Dhara Pani. O/N camp (1560m, 4 hours).
Day 7: Trek to Muri. O/N Camp (1720m, 5-6 hours).
Day 8: Trek to Bugar. O/N Camp (2080m, 5-6 hours).
Day 9: Trek to Dovan. O/N Camp (2520m, 5-6 hours).
Day 10: Trek to Sallaghari (Khola Camp). O/N Camp (3445m, 5-6 hours).
Day 11: Trek to Itali Camp. O/N Camp (3660m, 4 hours).
Day 12: Free day at Itali camp. O/N Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Japanese camp. O/N Camp (3890m, 5-6 hours). Pack Lunch.
Day 14: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base camp. O/N Camp (4748m, 5-6 hours). Pack Lunch.
Day 15: Trek to Hidden valley via French pass (5140m, 7-8 hours).
Day 16: Trek to Yak Kharka. O/N Camp (4915m, 7-8 hours).
Day 17: Trek to Marpha. O/N Camp (2670m, 3-4 hours).
Day 18: Trek to Jomsom. O/N Camp/Lodge.
Day 19: Fly to Pokhara/Kathmandu. O/N Hotel.
Day 20: Free Day at Kathmandu. O/N Hotel.
Day 21: Transfer to Air port for final departure for Home land.
- Airport picks and drops by private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at three star hotels with breakfast
- One full day sightseeing in UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu valley with city guide
- Entrance fee of all sightseeing spots in Kathmandu
- Full board during the trek served by crew
- Two mean tent plus dining tent, toilet tent, table chair, camping equipment
- Experienced government license holder trek guide, cook crows & porters
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All transports by private car/ van/ bus
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- TIMS Card (Trekker’s Information Management System card)
- All additional government tax.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 19979
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "19979" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.