Day 1: Addis Ababa - Bahir Dar. Morning flight to Bahir Dar. On arrival you will directly drive to visit the Blue Nile falls. Afternoon boat excursion on Lake Tana to visit the island monastery of URA KidaneMihret at the Zeghe peninsula. Overnight: Tana hotel.
Day 2: Bahir Dar – Gonder. Morning drive to Gondar. After having lunch you will visit the castle compound of King Fasiladas, the church of Debre Brehan Selassie with its unique murals and Quskuam church complex. Overnight: Goha hotel.
Day 3: Gonder – Axum. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Axum. Then you will visit the ancient town of Axum whereby Christianity has been introduced to Ethiopia during the 4th century by king Ezana. Overnight: Yeha hotel.
Day 4: Axum – Lalibela. Morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Lalibela. The rest of the day you will visit the 11 rock hewn churches built by king Lalibela during the 12 century. Overnight: Roha hotel.
Day 5: Lalibela – Addis Ababa. Transfer to Lalibela airport for your flight back to Addis Ababa. Rest of the day free. End of the service.
Note: The above program can be extended to 7-9 days including more stays in Bahirdar, Lalibela and an additional stay in Semien Mountains National Park.
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Addis Ababa Ghion hotel on B&B base
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Lalibela Roha hotel on full board base
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Axum Yeha hotel on full board base
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Gonder Goha hotel on full board base
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Bahirdar Tana hotel on full board base
- Day use room accommodation at Ghion hotel in Addis at the end of the tour
- Transfer and sightseeing in BahirDar, Gonder, Lalibela and Axum
- Excursion to Blue Nile falls
- 1/2 day boat trip on Lake Tana
- Entrance fees for monasteries, churches and museums
- Local guide fees on the spot
- Car from BahirDar to Gonder
- Transfer from/to Addis Ababa airport.
- Lunch and dinner in Addis
- International air ticket
- Domestic air ticket
- Airport tax
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks off meal time
- Video camera fee
- Personal expenses.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ethiopia History Whiz Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 20353
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "20353" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.