Day 1: Arrive Hanoi.
Welcome to Hanoi! You will be met at the airport for transfer to your hotel in Hanoi. The rest of the day is free. Renowned as the ‘Paris of the East’, Hanoi is one of Asia’s most fascinating cities. Rich in culture and history, this diverse city draws on its influences from both French and Chinese culture. In the evening, join your Tour Guide and fellow travelers for dinner before attending a performance of a traditional theater art unique to Vietnam, Water Puppetry. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour and Cooking Demonstration at Van Giang Village. In the morning, commence your exploration of Hanoi by visiting the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university dating to 1070. The excursion continues on to Ho Chi Minh’s humble “stilt house” before visiting the French colonial Governor’s Palace and the 11th century One-Pillar Pagoda. Afterwards, there is a 30min drive to Van Giang Village to attend a cooking demonstration given by a local family. After the cooking demonstration, join the Vietnamese family in their home for a delicious lunch before driving back to Hanoi for a fascinating Cyclo ride to explore the bustling Old Quarter and the 36 “Guild streets”. The evening is free. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay.
Depart Hanoi in the morning for the scenic three-hour drive through the countryside to Ha Long Bay, a natural wonder with thousands of islands rising out of the water, creating a unique and beautiful landscape. On arrival, embark on one of the Bhaya Classic vessels for an overnight cruise through the 3,000 limestone islands, many punctuated by caves and grottoes. Savor a delicious Vietnamese buffet lunch as Bhaya Classic heads to Bai Tu Long Bay passing the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, Oan Lagoon, Mat Quy (Monster Head) and Am Tich (Teapot) Islets. Take a row boat to visit the Vung Vieng fishing village. Enjoy a range of fantastic recreation or relaxation activities onboard: a cooking demonstration, traditional massage, swimming, kayaking etc. Finish the day with a sumptuous set-menu dinner. Overnight onboard Bhaya Classic, Ha Long Bay. (B, L, D).
Day 4: Ha Long Bay - Hanoi - Hue (Brunch) (VN247 17:45 – 18:55).
Start the day with calming Tai Chi on the Sundeck while complimentary tea and coffee are served. Bhaya Classic weighs anchor to cruise through the Bay passing beautiful spots like Trong (Drum), Trinh Nu (Virgin) and Me Cung Caves, Coc Ngoi (Toad) Islet, etc. Explore the Surprise Cave (Sung Sot). A buffet brunch is served onboard. The vessel cruises leisurely back to Ha Long harbor. From Ha Long Bay, transfer to Hanoi airport for the short flight down to Hue. On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. Overnight in hotel, Hue.
Day 5: Discover Hue, the Imperial City.
In the morning, take a boat ride along the romantic Perfume River. Stop off at the Thien Mu Pagoda on the banks of the river to see the 7-storey Stupa. The pagoda is also home to the old Austin car driven to Saigon by the Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963 for his self-immolation. Continue on to visit the mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang (1791-1841), built between 1841 and 1843. The Emperor’s mausoleum complex consists of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavilions etc.) designed on a symmetrical axis. Lunch is a special vegetarian meal with the nuns of Dong Thuyen Pagoda. In the afternoon, visit the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, created in the 19th century for the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Enjoy some “retail therapy” at Dong Ba Market before transferring back to the hotel. Overnight in hotel, Hue. Includes: (B, L).
Day 6: Hue - Danang - Hoi An.
After breakfast at the hotel, visit the mausoleum’s of the Emperors Tu Duc (1829-1883) and Khai Dinh (1885-1925). On the way down to Danang, stop in for a refreshment break at Lang Co beach, one of the World’s most beautiful bays. Continue on to Danang to visit the Cham Museum. Afterwards, head to the World Cultural Heritage Site of Hoi An Ancient Town. Check-in to your hotel. Enjoy some free time on a walking tour through the narrow lanes of the town, lined with century-old buildings and illuminated at night by hundreds of colorful lanterns. Discover the traditional shop-houses and temples, and the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Hoi An - My Son - Hoi An.
In the morning, take a half-day excursion to My Son Sanctuary. My Son is a religious site dating back to the Kingdom of Champa, and also a burial place of Cham royals and national heroes. The My Son temple complex is one of the foremost remaining examples of Hindu influence in South East Asia and is the most prominent heritage site of this nature in Vietnam. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. The afternoon is free in Hoi An Ancient town. For something different, you can join in a fun cooking class, head to the nearby Cua Dai beach or observe local life on a sunset cruise on the peaceful Thu Bon River. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B, L).
Day 8: Hoi An - Danang - Saigon (VN 321 08:05 – 09:15).
In the morning, transfer to Danang airport for the flight to Saigon, Vietnam’s vibrant southern metropolis. In the afternoon, discover the city’s most attractive sites, taking in the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office before ending the day with a visit to Chinatown. In the evening, enjoy our Highlight Dinner.
Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes: (B, D).
Day 9: Saigon - Mekong Delta - Can Tho.
In the morning, travel overland into the beautiful countryside of the northeastern Mekong Delta and Vinh Long province. On arrival, take a boat ride to visit a local orchard and the famous Cai Be floating market. Approximately 400-500 boats loaded to the gunnels with fruit, vegetables and other local produce anchor or moor along the banks of the river every day waiting to offload their goods to wholesale traders or local customers. Everybody here buys, sells and barters their goods only from their boats. Leaving Cai Be, visit a local family producing coconut candy, a regional delicacy. After a lunch of local delights, drive on to Can Tho, the hub of the Mekong Delta and its largest city. Overnight in hotel, Can Tho. Includes: (B, L).
Day 10: Can Tho - Saigon - Siem Reap (VN 849 @ 18.35 – 19:35).
After breakfast, cruise some of the narrow and picturesque canals and waterways by small boat. Visit the Cai Rang - Phong Dien floating market with its hordes of small vendor boats. Take in the sultry scenery and witness the daily activities of the locals who live along these Mekong canals. After lunch, drive back to Saigon.
Transfer to the airport for onward flights or take a holiday extension. Includes: (B).
Tour dates: 18 Jul, 01 Aug, 15 Aug, 05 Sep, 19 Sep, 03 Sep, 17 Oct, 31 Oct, 14 Nov, 28 Nov, 12 Dec and 26 Dec.
- Classic Category
* Hanoi: La Dolce Vita Hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Hue: Huong Giang Hotel
* Hoi An: Hoi An Trails Resort
* Saigon: Lavender Hotel
* Can Tho: Saigon Can Tho Hotel
- Deluxe Category
* Hanoi: Melia Hanoi Hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Hue: La Residence Resort and Spa
* Hoi An: Palm Garden Resort
* Saigon: Caravelle Hotel
* Can Tho: Victoria Can Tho Hotel.
- All flights and hotels are subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used
- Prices are in US dollars per person, sharing a twin room.
- Children aged 2-12 years sharing accommodation with parents will receive a 30% off of the full tour price. Children aged 2-12 years sharing the same room with parents and using extra bed will receive a 15% off of the full tour price. Children under 2 years sharing accommodation with parents will participate for free of charge
- One fixed departure of every week: tour starts on Sunday and finishes on Tuesday
- Guaranteed departure for minimum of two people traveling together; maximum of 12 person per group.
- 8-nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- 1-night on board Bhaya Classic in Halong Bay in twin-share cabin
- Flights as specific (economy class): Hanoi – Hue, Danang – Saigon
- Meals as described in the itineraries: 8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Highlight Dinners and 1 brunch
- All transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days (without guide)
- Boat trips in Hue and the Mekong Delta
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- English or French speaking guides (other languages available upon request)
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid.
- International airfare and airport tax in Vietnam
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Vietnam
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Kayak, Massage, Tai Chi Class
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping, etc.)
- Single room
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Vietnam Local Culture Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend