The most challenging biking tour in the world, this epic mountain biking adventure across 'The Roof of the World' covers a distance over 1,100 km from the Tibetan capital Lhasa to Kathmandu, the heart of Nepal, crossing six high passes over 5000 m. To make this trip even more adventurous, we have incorporated a four-days round trip away from the main Lhasa - Kathmandu road, to visit Rongbuk Monastery and the north base camp of Mt. Everest. Another brilliant part of this trip is the mind-blowing descent of 4,600 m from the 5,050 m high Thang La pass. The entire journey will be supported by a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser and a support truck.
- September 24
- October 8, 18 and 29.
- Great Bike Tour Lhasa-Kathmandu
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Cultural highlights of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse
- Spectacular Everest north side and base camp with monastery Rongbuk
- The great mountain of Himalaya.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Full day guided sightseeing around of the Kathmandu valley. Join us for the welcome dinner at evening. Hotel Overnight.
Day 3: Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Overnight Hotel.
Day 4: Full day guided sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight Hotel.
Day 5: Continue the sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight Hotel.
Day 6: Start the Bike Tour. Camp after 86 kms.
Day 7: Kamba La Pass. Camp after 56 kms.
Day 8: Continue and camp before Karo pass.
Day 9: Karo Pass to Gyangtse. Gyantse 86 kms. Hotel Gyantse.
Day 10: Gyangtse to Shigatse. Shigatse 106 kms. Hotel Shigatse.
Day 11: Continue and camp after 75 kms.
Day 12: Continue and camp after Lhatse 95 kms.
Day 13: Continue. Shegar 80 kms. Hotel.
Day 14: Continue. Pang La Pass. Camp after 65 kms.
Day 15: Continue. Rongbuk. Camp 35 kms.
Day 16: Go to Everest Base Camp. Camp at Rongbuk.
Day 17: Camp before Tingri. 76 kms.
Day 18: Continue and camp after 75 kms.
Day 19: Lalung-Leh Pass. Hotel Zhangmu 117 kms.
Day 20: Continue from Zhangmu and cross the border. Overnight Resort at Dhulikhel.
Day 21: Morning drive to Kathmandu. Free day for shopping and etc.
Day 22: Final Departure from Nepal.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation in double room at hotels and guest houses
- Flight (economy class, incl. 20 kg of free luggage) and airport taxes: Kathmandu - Lhasa
- All sightseeing tickets
- English speaking guide
- Permits for Tibet travel
- All transfers
- Overland trip by bike Lhasa-Zhangmu: 1 Jeep
- Overland trip by bike Zhangmu-Kathmandu: 1 Jeep
- All Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Two-persons-Tent, cook, cooking devices, cooking tent during the bike tour Lhasa-Zhangmu.
- Sleeping bag
- Tip for guide, driver and cook
- All personal expenses
- Bike and cost for transport of the bike per flight
- Fee for China-and Nepal-Visa
- Emergency evacuation charge
- All other services not mentioned above.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2010
Greetings from the Himalayan Country of Nepal! M20227 is the largest full service trekking and tour operator in Nepal. We are fully recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN), the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend