In October 1991, the Nepalese government announced that all Nepal including the forbidden kingdom of Mustang was open to trekking Groups (but not to individuals) allowing to visit the upper reaches of Kali Gandaki Valley (world’s deepest valley). Since then, limited numbers of trekkers allowed into Mustang each year, it means this will also limit the amount of adverse Change in the Kingdom. The ancient Kingdom of Mustang was attached to Tibet in the 14th century although it remained an autonomous dynasty, later it was annexed by Nepal.
Nepal’s Mustang region preserves a life almost unchanged for centuries. It lies hidden behind the Himalayan giants of Dhaulagiri (8168 m) and Annapurna (8091 m) at the very roof of Asia on the arid Tibetan plateau. It has long been isolated from the outside world (and only opened to trekking groups since 1991). As you make your way through this secluded land, you’ll pass through brightly painted chortens (Buddhist shrines) and tiny villages guarded by enormous monasteries.
Vistas include unusual and arresting views of the snow-covered Himalaya to the south, and desolate high plateaus, deep canyons, and an ocean of windswept hills the colors of a desert sunset to the north. Once at the walled capital city of Lo Manthang, you’ll absorb a great sense of timelessness and appreciation for an ancient culture as you discover the ruins of old forts, monasteries rich in art and history, and caves replete with magnificent religious statue.
- Duration of trek: 18 days
- Maximum altitude: 4010 m
- Mode of accommodation: camping, lodges, hotel
- Time of visit: May till Oct.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Per person cost: US$ 2375.
- All transfer by private bus,
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Trekking permit, restricted area permit, (US $70 per person per day), Conservation Area Entry Permit, Camping charges
- Both ways flight ticket between Pokhara and Jomsom
- Guide, necessary porters, sherpa, cook, kitchen helper
- All surface transportation from starting to end point of the trek
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee etc.)
- Necessary insurance for trekking staffs
- Restricted area trekking permit and other travel documentation in the control area of Nepal
- We provide discount on this tour if the group size is +5.
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- All alcoholic drinks
- Personal nature expenses.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2008
Client Request Served: 0
The owner of the M18918 has an extensive knowledge in the field of Adventure travel throughout Nepal Tibet and Bhutan, Bijay, a native-born Gorkhan have been a travel consultant, mountain and trekking guide in Nepal for many years. Since 1995 Bijay has been leading many groups and provided as well as has shown his...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend