Rwanda Tour RW1: Gorillas Express. Visit Gorillas in Volcanoes Park, Visit Dian Fossey's Grave, track Golden monkeys, climb Bisoke volcano, Karisimbi volcano or other volcanoes (3 days). Visit Parc National des Volcans (PNV) in the north of Rwanda where about 300 mountain gorillas live. There are seven habituated gorilla families.
There are seven habituated gorilla families:
– Amahoro group - located on the Visoke volcano;
- Hirwa group - located on the Sabinyo volcano;
- Umubano group - located on the Visoke volcano;
- Sabinyo group - located between the Sabinyo and Visoke volcanoes;
- Susa group - 35 individuals - located high on the Karisimbi volcano;
- Group 13 - located on the Sabinyo volcano; and Kwitonda group.
Each of the groups allows up to 8 participants per day. You can track gorillas, climb the Visoke volcano, track the golden monkeys or visit the Karisoke Research Centre, which Dian Fossey the famous primatologist set up, or visit local villages.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes NP. Meet and greet at the Kigali International Airport by your driver-guide. Depending on your arrival time, your driver-guide may propose you a visit of Kigali city which includes the Genocide Memorial centre at Gisozi. Transfer to Kinigi at the foothills of the Volcanoes. O/N: Hotel La Palme/Virunga Hotel Ruhengeri/Mountain Gorilla View Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and transfer to Kigali. After breakfast, you will depart for the headquarters of the Park where your driver-guide will accomplish the necessary formalities for you. You will meet your ranger guide(s) for a briefing about the greatest animal experience ever!
After the trekking, lunch and transfer to Kigali. On your way to Kigali, several stops will be made to admire the scenery. Rwanda is the country with over thousand hills! O/N: Hotel Chez Lando or Hotel des Mille Collines. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 3: Kigali visit and Departure
Pick up at your hotel, depending on your departure time and if you missed the opportunity the first day, you will have your Kigali city trip including the Genocide Memorial centre at Gisozi. Transfer to the Airport for your departure. Includes: (B).
- Tour departs every Friday
- Standard safari departs from Kigali, group departures 2 - 6 persons
- This safari starts and finishes in Kigali
- One PNV gorilla permit is included in the cost
- This is a scheduled safari, departing every Friday of the week.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Rwanda Uganda Democratic Republic of the Congo Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing Birdwatching
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 20444
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "20444" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.