Day 1: Between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. we pick you up at your hotel and we go to km 82 by bus. From here on it will take us about 7 hours of hiking (13 km) to reach the first campsite in Huayllabamba.
Day 2: Physically a tough day: 16 km and climbing 2 high passes. Warmi Wanusca, with its 4200 meters, is the highest point of the trek. Breathtaking and stunning! Included is a visit to the ruins of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca. We will be camping in Pacaymayu.
Day 3: Today is a relatively easy one: we walk only 11 km and most of the route is flat and descending, meanwhile visiting the archaeological sites of Phuyupatamarca, Intipata and Wiñaywayna, the latter being our last campsite of the trek.
Day 4: After breakfast, we depart to Inti Punku, the entrance of the old Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. This will take us about an hour and a half and it is an unforgettable experience observing the ruins from that point. In Machu Picchu we have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours and in the afternoon we travel back to Cusco by train. Arrival time in Cusco is estimated around 9:00 p.m.
- Bring with you:
* A backpack
* A day pack
* Rain jacket or poncho
* Hiking shoes
* Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece, sweaters and 4 pairs of socks
* Sleeping bag
* Flashlight and batteries
* Water bottle
* Camera, films and batteries
* Hat or cap to protect you from the sun or cold
* Sun block
* Insect repellent
* Toilet paper
* Water bottle and sterilizing tablets
* Swimsuit (recommended for the hot springs)
- Leaving: daily (discount on special departure dates).
- Transport: bus and train.
- Carriers of an ISIC Card pay 30 USD less
- An extra porter to carry your personal items: 75 USD/4 days
- An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for those who want to stay an extra day. Prices vary from 25 USD till 150 USD
- If you wish to go back to the ruins the following day, you will have to pay your entrance fee again (the first one was included in the Inca Trail Excursion) - Sleeping bag or backpack are available for rent.
Price: USD 440.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
South America Peru Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend