A remote and ancient footpath in the same region of the Inca trail, but less traveled with more spectacular views. A magnificent wilderness alternative for those who wish to escape the more congested trekking routes or those who are looking for alternative if the traditional Inca Trail has no spaces available.
- 05:00 Bus to Mollepata
- 10:00 Start hike
- 14:00 Lunch
- 18:00 Dinner and camp.
Days 2-4: Hiking.
- 05:00 Visit to Machu Picchu
- 16:00 Train back to Cusco.
- Bring with you:
* Personal things
* Warm and light clothes
* Camera, films, battery´s
* Sun block and insect repellent
* Hiking shoes
* Flash light
* Sleeping bag
* 1 liter of water
* Water purifying tablets
- Leaving: In high season daily
- Transport: Bus and train.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Transfer from hotel to Busstation
- Bus from Cusco to Mollepata
- Camping equipments and cooking
- First aid kit plus oxygen
- 1 night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Professional English speaking guide
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Sleeping bag
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to train station
- Breakfast at Day 1
- Lunch and dinner at Day 5.
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes is available
- Upgraded hotel in Aguas Calientes on Day 04 is available
- The trek is only a little more difficult than the Inca Trail, and horses can be used to carry food and equipment. But it is worth it! There are less tourist and better scenery and views!
- Minimum four people required to operate this hike.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
Client Request Served: 22
M17546 offers the enthusiasm of a relatively young agency, with the experience of our capable and professional staff. With our own offices in Cusco (Peru) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Netherlands, we have been arranging every imaginable excursion and tour in South America, as well as Spanish Courses and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend