Through looking at artworks, demonstrations, critiques and discussions, we will learn about the media and and about various techniques for handling them. We will explore the difference between craft and style and how to develop both of them. We will analyze our work habits and process and discuss how to optimize them. In the course of the week we will cover such subjects as composition and design, the use and control of both color and light, as well as the execution of techniques such as: underpainting and glazing, scumbling, working on a toned ground, chiaroscuro, sfumato, frotie, alla prima and impasto, as well as the creation of thumb nail sketches and the preparation of "cartoons" for major works.
Meal times will find us discussing various aspects of the artists' "professional" life, various venues for exhibiting work as well as preparing work for exhibition, marketing and sales, etc. Artists should bring with them, (in either digital format or photographic reproductions), examples of their finished works they wish critiqued as well as unfinished works they wish to continue or that may pose problems (or as I prefer to say - opportunities for change).
There will be plenty of "down time" to relax and do as you wish, take a swim, photograph the picturesque village, get some sun on the beach, hike the ocean paths to secluded beaches, take a sea kayak or snorkel in the bay, take a nap in the hammock or read a good book on your private balcony overlooking the ocean, river and charming Boca village. This is your workshop vacation - with no pressure - do as much or as little as you like.
Of course the week will also be filled with numerous special excursions that you can partake in that are inspirational and make the Experience unique. Like the other workshops in our environment, this experience will lead us to developing camaraderie among new friends and certainly stir our concepts and conversation around making art and the creative process.
- This workshop is for serious beginners to advanced and intermediate painters.
- Reservations for this workshop are limited and are on
a first come basis!
- Seminar is limited — register to reserve your place! Book your flight early. You can reserve your place with a $500. credit card deposit, (no surcharge), (refundable till August 31, 2011), or pay in full (surcharge applies) using our secure Paypal system.
- Total cost of these Workshops per person: $1,895.00
- Non-participant shared bed guest: $1,095
- Non-Participant private room guest: $1,395
- Early Bird Special: Register by October 31, $1,795.00 - Save 100.00.
Also see tour packages in:
North America Mexico Artistry Painting Cultural Journey