The Colca Canyon, with more than 1 kilometer from cliff-edge to river bottom therefore considered the deepest in the world, has picturesque pre-Inca terracing, impressive scenery and friendly Indian villages (e.g. Chivay) with traditionally dressed peasants. If you are lucky, you will be able to see the famous Peruvian Condors at just a couple of meters from where you are. Unforgettable and impressive.
- 07:30 Pick up from your hotel.
- 08:00 Departure to the Colca Canyon.
- 13:00 Arrival in Chivay.
- 14:00 Lunch.
- 15:00 Visit the Hot Springs of Calesa and the village of Chivay.
- 05:00 Breakfast.
- 06:00 Visit to Mirador del Condor.
- 08:00 Colca Canyon.
- 13:00 Lunch.
- 14:00 Departure to Arequipa.
- Additional options in the Colca Canyon include hiking or horse back riding tours of several days. Beautiful scenery, certainly recommended.
- For an extra 20 USD you will be accommodated in a 3-star hostel.
- Leaving - daily.
- Transport - private bus.
- Bring with you:
* Photo or video camera
* Batteries, films, etc.
* Day pack
* Water and snacks for during the bus trip
* Cap or hat
* Warm jacket
* Poncho or raincoat (rainy season).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Overnight in Chivay (2-star hostel)
- Transport by private bus
- Bilingual guide.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
Client Request Served: 22
M17546 offers the enthusiasm of a relatively young agency, with the experience of our capable and professional staff. With our own offices in Cusco (Peru) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Netherlands, we have been arranging every imaginable excursion and tour in South America, as well as Spanish Courses and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend