There must be a better name to describe this epic hike in English! This North-South trail is one of our favorites, starting at Dungpu hot-spring resort in Nantou county, 7 days of hiking, mostly over 3000 m along the spine of Taiwan, takes you to or near, the top of 7/8 major (bai yue) peaks, Chai-ming meteor lake, part of the Batungguan Ancient trail, and exiting at the Southern-Cross Island Highway. This route is well serviced with mountain shelters, great views of Yushan, and chances to spot Sika/Sambar deer. Only suitable for the experienced and fit!
Day 1: Dungpu Hot-spring resort - Guangao shelter.
Day 2: Guangao - Batungguan meadow - Baiyang goldmine shelter (possible ascent of Shouguran peak 3825 m - Taiwan's 3rd highest peak).
Day 3: Baiyang - Dasweiku peak (3642 m) - Dasweiku shelter.
Day 4: Dasweiku - Dafenjian peak (3135 m) - Tafen valley shelter.
Day 5: Tafen shelter - Tafen peak (3070 m) - Lulu peak (3379 m) - Lulu shelter.
Day 6: Lulu shelter - Cloud peak (3564 m) - Nanshuangtou (South double-headed) peak (3288 m) - Lakuin stream Shelter.
Day 7: Lakuin - Chaiming lake - Sancha peak (3496 m) - Hsiangyang peak (3603 m) - Hsiangyang Forest Area.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Weekdays - approximately 210 USD
- Weekend day - approximately 290 USD.
- Application for permits, accommodation and insurance can not be started until we have received the deposit and your ARC/passport details (note deadlines)
- If the trip is canceled due to not winning the permit lottery, typhoons, etc. we will refund the deposit minus costs (approximately USD 500) beyond our control, but offer this as credit for future activities
- If the trip is canceled by the customer the deposit not refunded
- We have discounts for groups
- USD 2000 deposit in advance is necessary, rest - at end of trip.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking