The Stone Mountain forest road starts from the forest recreation area of Tengjhih in Kaohsiung county. The initial 10 km is well maintained unsurfaced road, deteriorating into another 6/7 km section of four wheel drive track and then single-track for another while. There are several huts/shelters along the way to make this an excellent 2-day trip. Consider branching of onto the Shuangnan ghost lake trail, or combining this ride with hiking at the end to Peinan Mountain at the end of the "southern 1st section".
Note: Permits must be obtained in advance. Permits are not available for the nearby Chuyun Forest road.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Weekdays - approximately 210 USD
- Weekend day - approximately 290 USD.
- Application for permits, accommodation and insurance can not be started until we have received the deposit and your ARC/passport details (note deadlines)
- If the trip is canceled due to not winning the permit lottery, typhoons, etc. we will refund the deposit minus costs (approximately USD 500) beyond our control, but offer this as credit for future activities
- If the trip is canceled by the customer the deposit not refunded
- We have discounts for groups
- USD 2000 deposit in advance is necessary, rest - at end of trip.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler