This route (which we have decided not to do again for a few years) is made unique by the amount of bicycle carrying involved, 4 hours of it! The 50 km loop starts at Manjhou, in the middle of the Kenting peninsula, a pleasant 6 km crossing of a ridge bring you down to the coast just north of Jialeshuei. This, Jaileshuei to Jioupeng, part of Taiwan's coastline is the only section that does not have a road (public or otherwise) running along it - long may it stay that way. Heading northwards, after some fun single track, the carrying begins.
The scenery is spectacular and fairly untouched - well except for the remains of a ship that came aground a few years ago. Northern sections unfortunately sometimes have a bit too much washed up trash. The last few rocky kilometers before arriving at Nanren village are ride-able, more tolerable with the rear suspension you've had digging into your shoulder for so long! From Jioupeng follow the public highway back to Manjhou.
Warning note: This can be very arduous on the shoulders/ankles/body in general/brain/bicycle - with no easy escape routes.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Weekdays - approximately 210 USD
- Weekend day - approximately 290 USD.
- Application for permits, accommodation and insurance can not be started until we have received the deposit and your ARC/passport details (note deadlines)
- If the trip is canceled due to not winning the permit lottery, typhoons, etc. we will refund the deposit minus costs (approximately USD 500) beyond our control, but offer this as credit for future activities
- If the trip is canceled by the customer the deposit not refunded
- We have discounts for groups
- USD 2000 deposit in advance is necessary, rest - at end of trip.
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler