Day 1: Koprivnica and surroundings. Arrival, accommodation, introduction to the programme, town tour of Koprivnica, dinner at a restaurant. Overnight stay in the town or near surroundings.
Day 2: Hlebine "The Cradle of Naive Art". Breakfast, trip to Hlebine, tour of the famous gallery; distribution of materials, an introductory lesson course. Lunch at the rural household. The first demonstration of painting. Dinner in one of the restaurants. Overnight.
Day 3: Hlebine. Breakfast, departure to Hlebine. Painting course. Lunch in the nature. Continuation of painting. Dinner. Overnight.
Day 4: Recreational centre of Podravka. Breakfast, trip to the recreational centre, a demonstration by the painter, painting. Lunch in the eminent restaurant of the recreational centre. Leisure time. Continuation of painting. Dinner in the wine cellar with wine tasting and traditional tamburitza music. Overnight.
Day 5: Molve – Podravina-Cathedral. Breakfast, departure to Molve, visit to the gallery and the church, a picnic by the lake nearby, painting, demonstration. Leisure time. Dinner in the fish restaurant. Overnight.
Day 6: Hlebine - Djurdjevacki pijesci - "The Croatian Sahara". Breakfast, departure to the family farm Generalic, painting, lunch. Departure to the ethnic collection in Djurdjevac and gallery Stari Grad. Visit to the protected geographical-botanical reservation.
Day 7: Gola - Jeskovo Lake - Repas - Cambina. Breakfast, departure to Gola. Visit to the gallery Vecenaj. Departure to Lake Jeskovo, painting, lunch. Dinner at the hunting lodge. Overnight.
Day 8: Jagnjedovec. Breakfast, departure to the rural household rich with ethnographic heritage. Painting. Lunch. Leisure time. Continuing of painting. Dinner in a restaurant – an alehouse. Overnight.
Day 9: Koprivnica - Hlebine. Breakfast. Visit to the sculpture gallery and museum. Lunch. An exhibition of artworks and handing over diplomas in the gallery Generalic. Dinner with a cultural and folklore programme, entertainment. Overnight.
Day 10: Koprivnica and surroundings
Breakfast, returning home.
The Structure of the Courses:
- Theoretical - informative introduction, the history of naive art
- Preparatory phase, basic techniques
- Implementation phase, working with naive artists
- Final stage, painting paintings, interiors, nature
- Encounters with famous naive artists
- Visiting galleries and studios
- Painting in the nature
- Culinary activities
- For whom are the programs: amateur painters, members of various amateur associations, people with painting experience and without it.
- Instructors, Demonstrations and Discussions: famous names of naive art painting of Podravina.
- Accommodation: apartments**** in Koprivnica, hotel**** in Djurdjevac, depending of the size and the choice of the group.
- Meals: full board.
- Hlebine – centre of the famous naive art school - "The Cradle of Naive Art", the famous gallery recognized by the artists of Naive art. Today, the third generation continues a long tradition of artistic creation. Croatian naive art was not created in the village by accident; it was the natural environment for a common artist. Pictures of Naive art form a unity of man and nature. Naive art is characterized by motifs from everyday rural life, the calm countryside, vibrant colours and the unique painting on glass.
- Podravina - includes the narrow area that gravitates to the towns of Ludbreg, Koprivnica and Djurdjevac, which stretch between the river Drava and the Northern slopes of Bilogora. A holiday in Podravina is a live documentary about nature, the natural heritage with the unique culture of Podravina people and painters of Naive art, as well as its traditional cuisine...
- Koprivnica – the most important town of Podravina, the town with a heart - “The Town of Vegeta”. The geographical position economically determined the development of the town and its surroundings, a variety of social and natural resources offer limitless possibilities in the art, tourism, gastronomy, winemaking...
- Djurdjevac – The Turks damned the people of Djurdjevac, but they proudly bear the name "Picok (Rooster)". The old fort is a gallery space, which preserves the richness of Đurđevac region. The natural phenomenon "Djurdjevacki pijesci", the last remnant of the belt of sands of Podravina, is a specific habitat of distinctive vegetation.
- Molve – a magnificent parish church that dominates the entire area was built on a large sand dune. Not without reason, the name Podravina-Kuwait - a valuable asset that lies beneath its surface has made Molve the richest village in Podravina. The Art Circle Molve made it possible for Molve to become recognizable by its content and style frames.
- Jagnjedovec – a village situated 7 km South-west of Koprivnica in the natural environment near the first slopes of Bilogora. Attractive and healthy because of the rural diet based on vegetables and fruits from their own cultivation (in the permacultural kitchen gardens and orchards with old fruit sorts) and carefully chosen local products. Jagnjedovec offers an ethnographic collection, outdoor activities and small ethnographic workshops that adapt to age and interests.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Croatia Artistry Painting Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend