Every person will get unforgettable impressions while flying by hot air balloon. But the flight will be even more pleasant if you know some following nuances:
- Hot air balloons in Lithuania usually fly in April – October. In summer balloons fly in mornings (5am-9am), while termics (vertical air flows) did not start and evenings (6pm-9pm), when termics become quiet. In autumn - spring morning flights start a bit later (8am), and evening - earlier (4pm).
- Hot air balloon flights totally depend on meteo situation: cloudiness, rainfall, visibility, wind speed etc. Usually meteo forecast is available 3 - 7 days before a flight, but sometimes the forecast is inaccurate or incomplete. Therefore, even when you arrive to the place of balloon’s launch, for safety’s reason the flight may be cancelled.
- The average duration of the hot air balloon flight is one hour, but the whole procedure (with preparation for the flight, instruction, flight itself, packing the balloon after flight, baptizing ceremony and getting back) lasts for 3-4 hours.
- Usually 3-9 persons fly in one hot air balloon. If you would like to fly without other people you should discuss that with the organisers of the flight in advance.
- Before the flight the pilot instructs passengers. You should listen carefully all the instruction. Do not hesitate to ask if something is unclear. The instructions of the pilot related to the flight are obligatory for you. You should be attentive to the pilot during the whole flight.
- During the take off the pilot will ask you to help to prepare balloon for the flight, certainly if you want and are prepared for that. If you have some health problems or are pregnant it is better to consult the doctor before it. In any case, you must inform the pilot about your health problems or pregnancy.
- For preparing and during the flight it is better to wear trousers, jacket or long sleeve shirts (desirable from flameproof material), to wear clunky shoes and have leather gloves. In mornings the grass is usually wet, therefore, gumboots are more comfortable. In evening at the place of landing there can be many mosquitoes, therefore you would feel more comfortable wearing long sleeve shirts. Preparing for the flight, during the flight or after landing you may get some dirty, so do not decorate yourself much. The basket of air balloons may be quite low, for that reason it is advisable to have a cap, which could protect you from the heat of burners.
- It is forbidden to use alcohol, narcotic and psycho tropical substances and smoke just before and during the flight.
- When going up the temperature drops 6,5 degrees per vertical kilometre. You will fly not higher than 1 kilometre high.
- Flying hot air balloon is followed by crew in a car. Balloon pilot has constant radio connection with the car. After the flight hot air balloon and passengers are brought back to the place of meeting.
- Everyone who flew the first time is to be baptized by old ballooning traditions. The procedure of baptizing includes true story about ballooning history, champagne and First Flight Certificates.
- You should take camera on board, but at your own responsibility. It is recommended to put camera in soft holster, which could it from possible mechanical damage during landing. Passengers are responsible for their personal things during and after the flight.
We wish you a pleasant flight!
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Lithuania Outdoor: Sky Eagle Ballooning
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend