The Asahi Dake area is an adventure skier's paradise. Asahi Dake village is at the base of Hokkaido's highest mountain, Mt. Asahi (2290 m). This area is famous for its access to the huge Daisetsusan National Park, its hot spring baths, extreme skiing and a powder snow season that can last three to four months. The area is serviced by a gondola that gives lift serviced access to unroped, untouched powder bowls that stretch as far as the eye can see. The terrain varies from steep and fast to gentle and drifting through the Silver Birch and Hokkaido Red Pine forests. The nightly top ups, when the northwesterly rolls over Hokkaido, are legendary.
Accommodation here is in a superb lodge made of Douglas Fir with generous healthy meals and delightful hosts. Like many of our accommodations, you can relax in the in house natural hot spring baths after your day in the powder. Cross country, tele-markers and back country skiers are in paradise here. 7,5 km of track cut for classic or skating, touring either above or below the tree line or tele-marking the gondola serviced powder bowls. Ski area lifts are limited to one 100 person gondola. There is no ski school and the skiing possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Asahi Dake does cater for all levels of skier from beginner to intermediate. However, to ski the lift assisted powder runs and back country bowls you need to be of an intermediate to advanced level in your skiing.
- Asahi Dake is serviced by one gondola only and does not offer resort facilities such as ski school or comprehensive ski hire
- This gondola can close in bad weather and there are no ticket refunds in the event of closure
- There are no shops here
- During severe weather caution is required above the lift line due to white out, extreme cold and possible blizzard conditions.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 10 (11) nights accommodation Japanese style twin share
- 10 (11) dinners and 10(11) breakfast
- Lunches while at Asahi Dake and Tokachi but not on transfer days
- All transfers from either Chitose or Asahikawa airport and back
- Japanese speaking tour escort and guide
- Suit intermediate to experienced skiers.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2010
Client Request Served: 12
At M20074 we are passionate about exploring Japan and have been doing so now for 30 years. Whether it is cycle touring Japan, skiing in Japan or walking in Japan our passion to explore Japan has shown us the extraordinary possibilities that exist in the far corners of this enigmatic land for authentic adventure...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Skiing & Snowboarding
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend