We will pick you up from your hotel at nearly 09:00am and start our full day Cappadocia tour. Our first meeting with the lunar landscape of Cappadocia will be in the Devrent Imagination Valley which is famous for animal-like natural rock formations. Whilst our guide giving us information about the Cappadocia history, culture and geological formations we will take a short walk through this lunar landscape to discover it better. After Devrent we will visit Pasabag (Monk's Valley) where we will see mushroom shaped fairy chimneys with multiple stems and caps. Following an explanation about the monastic life in Cappadocia we will discover the hidden cave dwellings inside of the valley. After Pasabag a short drive will take us to Avanos Town which is divided into two by the longest river of Turkey, Kizilirmak (Redriver) and famous with tile and pottery workshops. We will visit one of these workshops and get detailed information about the pottery art which is a Hittite tradition and going on for more than 5000 years from father to son. After watching a short performance by the master potter you may also try to make your own pot. After pottery workshop visit we will have a very special lunch in a Cave Restaurant where we will have chance to taste some local foods and world-wide famous Cappadocia wines. In the afternoon our first stop will be the famous Goreme Open Air Museum which is listed in UNESCO World Heritage List since 1985 and the biggest monastic settlement of the region. We will visit some well preserved, rock-cut churches (St. Basileus, Elmali, St. Barbara, Snake, Carikli and Tokali Church) with frescoes and paintings dating from as early as the 10th century and the best examples of Byzantine art in Cappadocia. Then we head on to Esentepe Wish Hill where we will have the best panoramic view of the region with Mt. Argeus, deep canyons, cave houses and dovecotes. We will end the day visiting the Uchisar Rock Castle which is the highest peak in the region and used as a fortress by the Roman and Byzantine armies. At the end of a spectacular day's sightseeing you will be dropped off at your hotel at nearly 17:00pm.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
* Private Transfers: Transfers between your hotel and scenic spots by a comfortable, non-smoking, luxurious minivan with local and professional driver.
* Professional Guide: A licensed and experienced English speaking guide will remain with you throughout your time in the city to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
* Lunch: À la carte lunch in one of the selected restaurants of the region where you can taste the real Anatolian Cuisine. The drinks during the lunch are included as well.
* Refreshments: Bottled water from the vehicle minibar throughout the tour.
* Entrance Fees: Entrance fees to the all museum and sights. (Including Dark Church in Goreme)
* Welcome Pack: Tour folder with maps and brochures of Cappadocia.
* Taxes: Service charge and government taxes.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2010
Client Request Served: 0
M20674 was founded by a group of tourism professionals in Cappadocia with the aim of giving top quality service to discerning travellers in Turkey. For us, the tradition of Turkish hospitality is paramount, so both our staff and contractors are encouraged to see the people travelling with us as guests not clients.
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend